Thread: vBa Links Directory v3.0.0 ("Gold") Released!

Default vBa Links Directory v3.0.0 ("Gold") Released!

vBadvanced is proud to announce the release of vBa Links Directory v3.0.0 ("Gold"). After a thorough testing period with the beta and RC1 versions, we are confident that the software is very stable and the number of remaining bugs should be minimal enough to warrant a "gold" release. Current license holders will find v3.0.0 in the Members' Area here.
    For those who are not familiar with vBa Links Directory, please see the product info page for more details.

New Options & Features Since v3.0 RC1:
    • A critical fix that could cause problems with search engines when spider friendly URL's is enabled has been applied.
    • A new "Edit Link" link has been added to the drop-down menu when browsing links, making it easier for admins/moderators to edit a link while browsing.
    • The "Moderate This Group's {x}" permission settings (links, posts, and categories) have been changed to "Can Bypass Moderator Approval For {x}", basically reversing the way these permissions are handled. This allows for these permission settings to work the same as the rest with no need for extra code to handle just these permissions. Note your permissions will automatically be updated for this new format during the upgrade.
    • New option to display thumbnails from thumbshots.com on the 'Show Link' page (before it was only available when browsing links).
    • New settings to allow you to automatically add a link to your vBa Links Directory folder in your navbar with no template modifications, as well as another setting to add a search box in your vBulletin "Search" drop-down menu.
    • Related to the new navbar settings mentioned above, hidden vBulletin settings have been added that contain the vBa Links Directory title and URL, which can be accessed in templates using the variables $vboptions[vba_links_title] and $vboptions[vba_links_homeurl].
    • Status Reports can now be limited to only scan deleted/non-deleted links.
    • "Time Taken" field added to the main Status Reports page.
    • Deleted links will now show status report data.
    • An email will be sent out (if enabled via the main options or category settings) when a link is modified and then requires validation to approve the changes, the same as if they were submitting the link for the first time with just a slightly different message.
    • The "Category Tools" drop-down menu is now hidden if both RSS feeds and subscriptions are disabled.
    • Unsubscribe link added to header categories in My Subscriptions page.
    • 25 new hook locations added throughout the files making customization easier without modifying files.

Files changed since v3.0 RC1
    • forum/admincp/vba_links_admin.php
    • forum/admincp/vba_links_admin_permissions.php
    • forum/admincp/vbalinks_install.php
    • forum/includes/xml/hooks_vbalinks.xml
    • forum/includes/vba_links_adminfunctions.php
    • forum/includes/vba_links_class.php
    • forum/includes/vba_links_functions.php
    • forum/includes/vba_links_functions_cats.php
    • forum/includes/vba_links_functions_moderate.php
    • forum/includes/vba_links_functions_posting.php
    • forum/includes/vba_links_functions_savecat.php
    • forum/includes/vba_links_functions_savelink.php
    • forum/includes/vba_links_plugin_pt.php
    • forum/includes/vba_links_plugin_sf.php
    • links/addlink.php
    • links/browselinks.php
    • links/index.php
    • links/managecats.php
    • links/moderate.php
    • links/newreply.php
    • links/showlink.php

Templates changed since v3.0 RC1:
    • ADV_LINKS_BROWSELINKS
    • adv_links_categorybit_level1
    • adv_links_categorybit_level2
    • adv_links_categorybit_main
    • ADV_LINKS_CATMANAGER_ADDEDIT
    • adv_links_footer
    • adv_links_linkbit_deleted
    • adv_links_linkbit_dropdowns
    • adv_links_linktous_bannerbits
    • adv_links_moderate_move_links
    • ADV_LINKS_MODERATE_VIEWPOSTS
    • adv_links_navbar
    • ADV_LINKS_SHOWLINK
    • adv_links_showlink_custombits
    • adv_links_statusreportbits

New templates since v3.0 RC1:
    • adv_links_navbar_search
    • adv_links_navbar_link

Problems or Questions?
    Please create a new thread in the appropriate vBa Links Directory 3.0 forums. Please do NOT reply to this thread for support!
    Last edited by Brian; 09-14-2008 at 03:23 PM.

Great news. Before downloading I had to renew my membership area access . Another year has passed already !?! I do not have enough time to install it tonight but will do so tomorrow.

Thanks for a release Brian.

Default Lucky timing

Congrats on reaching this milestone Brian!

I feel pretty lucky as I just launched a new forum over the last couple of days and I just happened to discover your Links vb plugin earlier today, the very day you rolled out the Gold version. I'm proud to be one of the first customers of your Gold version.

I didn't see any instructions in the download or here on your site, but I've managed to get the script uploaded and working (as far as I can tell) with the help of some of the posts in here. Should I feel guilty for benefiting from all of the hard work and aggravation everyone else has endured before me?

Only question I have so far is why I can't seem to upload or add a caticon. Keep getting "need to set permissions to 777" error message. I've done that (set folder to "777". What am I overlooking?

Finally, as the owner of a handful of Web directories based on two other scripts, I commend you for building what appears to be a super nice link directory that will help forum owners build their member base, activity levels, and of course the value of their content to visitors and members alike.

Cheers

David

Thank you very much Brian.

Thanks Brian, some files are dated with year 1601 instead 2008, I think this will not cause a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by 12Forums View Post
    Only question I have so far is why I can't seem to upload or add a caticon. Keep getting "need to set permissions to 777" error message. I've done that (set folder to "777". What am I overlooking?
    In addition to setting permission to 777 in both 'images' folder and 'caticon' subfolder, go to:

vB admin -> vBa Links Directory -> Modify Settings -> Title, URL's, and Paths -> Category Icons Path

and enter full server path to 'caticon' folder

my one:

/var/www/vhosts/mydomainx.com/httpdocs/links/images/caticon

I had another problem where turning on SEO optimized links resulted in error pages. Reason? I forgot to upload .htaccess file to the 'links' directory.

Now its all good and running sweet!
    Last edited by surfdude; 09-09-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: added last line...

Gone. vB is worthless now

Thumbs up

Looks great Brian,thanks for all your efforts.
    Seen vB5 beta? No more vbulletin for me, done , gone,finished .

Thanks Brian.
    Shawn

ooohh...

very nice my friend...

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by surfdude View Post
    In addition to setting permission to 777 in both 'images' folder and 'caticon' subfolder, go to:

vB admin -> vBa Links Directory -> Modify Settings -> Title, URL's, and Paths -> Category Icons Path

and enter full server path to 'caticon' folder

my one:

/var/www/vhosts/mydomainx.com/httpdocs/links/images/caticon

I had another problem where turning on SEO optimized links resulted in error pages. Reason? I forgot to upload .htaccess file to the 'links' directory.

Now its all good and running sweet!
    That didnt work for me when I go and actually click the directory I made I get a page not found error? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For those asking questions in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Problems or Questions?
    Please create a new thread in the appropriate vBa Links Directory 3.0 forums. Please do NOT reply to this thread for support!

thanks , but is there arabic language for this release ?

Thanks for this release. vba Links (and especially Dynamics) are really powerful programs now, for very little money.

With all those features in Links and (and also in Dynamics) it would seem naturally to me to focus now to get them more integrated into vba CMPS. It is really poor right now, far from the tight integration with vbulletin forums (news and recent threads forum).

Example 1: I want to integrate recent threads from my France forum into my France links categories (or just an ordinary CMPS page). This is EASY.

Example 2: I want to integrate recent links (entries) from my France links (Dynamics) categories into my France forum categories (or just and ordinary CMPS page). This is TROUBLESOME.

ad 1) Just make or copy a new recent threads module, select France forum categories, make a wrapper page to integrate into links categories with France links (although it is a bit troublesome to select categories and manually write into plugin, but it can be done without a lot of time).

ad 2) There are very simple modules for this now, but they are not as flexible as the news and recent threads module, and you have to have different versions of the module use a different .php file with different settings (or some other tweaking)

What I am trying to say is that som new modules with the possibility to select different links and entries from different categories would really add some extra value to Links and Dynamics.

شكرا (chokran)
    thank you

AlbertAckerman

HI

Thank u for this effort

thank u

Many thanks

Thread Information