Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: vBSEO Sitemap Addon

Hey,

yes i (we) still could need some help!

i explain issues with mlutiple instances so plz try fix it

By the way, I have a fix for the multiple instances issue for you coding-types.

You can't DEFINE more than once; you're trying to define ADV_DYNA_PREFIX more than once if you have multiple instances. It just needs to be changed to a variable, not a definition. Problem solved.

Default :)

Quote Originally Posted by Webs961 View Post
    By the way, I have a fix for the multiple instances issue for you coding-types.

You can't DEFINE more than once; you're trying to define ADV_DYNA_PREFIX more than once if you have multiple instances. It just needs to be changed to a variable, not a definition. Problem solved.
    Example Please !!!
    It would help a lot !

Thanks

^ ditto.
    Would deeply appreciate if this mod is made to work with multiple instances.

Just reporting still working strong in VB 3.8.5 Although the change
    $url = dyna_fetch_cat_url($cat['catid']);

needs to be corrected in the download file

anyone using this with 2.x of dynamics and vb4?

nevermind - I got this to work with the above change by JWL for 4.0

RE: Multiple Instances -

I think I figured a way to fix this.

Go to your vba_dyna_functions.php file in the includes folder of your forum root.

Search for // ##### Fetch Entry URL

Copy that entire Function

Paste it into the vbseo_sm_dynamics.php file right under //ADDING THE ENTRIES IN THE SITEMAP

Rename the function to - function fetch_entry_url2

Find $cats = $vbulletin->adv_dyna_cats and change adv_dyna to your second, third, 4th instance name etc.

Find - $entry_rel_url = fetch_entry_url($entry);

and change that to

$entry_rel_url = fetch_entry_url2($entry);

You must create a separate file for each instance, and follow all instructions in this thread prior to this post before doing this.

I'm sure there is a less bloated way to do this.

Basically when you called fetch_entry_url, when referencing it from the global functions file, it did not apply your updated instance name you declared in the start of the file here. So it was still calling your default dyna instance variable in when creating category names for the entries.

By doing this, you keep the entire function in this file, and manually edit the secondary instance names, so it all works out.

So far. Not fully tested. But give it a try. Will not offer ongoing support, so back up and try at your own risk! Working for me on VBSEO 3.0.

Updated to this:

For each additional instance/addon file you have:

Change - fetch_entry_url

to:

fetch_entry_url2
    fetch_entry_url3
    fetch_entry_url4

etc. Each file must have it's own named function, or else there are conflicts.

There were some issues with this regarding it being run via scheduled task as opposed to hitting "run generator now" in the vbseo sitemap cp.

If anyone is still interested, post here and I'll try to explain the fix.

Above should work for non-seo dynamics urls tho.

Hello, there's no vb 4 / dynamics 2.0 version compatible ?

I am using this code for my plugin (FOR VBseo sitemap inclusion of Dynamics URLs)

$datastore_fetch[] = "'adv_dyna_cats'";

The one posted (post 19 throws an error).

When VBSEO generates a site map each day, the urls are not SEO friendly (they are more like post=23 or whatever).

When I manually run the site map generator, the urls are SEO friendly (ie. http://www.puaforums.com/articles/pi...ckup-artist-5/)

Any idea why?

PS - it also goes back and cleans up the previously generated sitemaps [email protected][email protected]!?

Quote Originally Posted by tfw2005 View Post
    There were some issues with this regarding it being run via scheduled task as opposed to hitting "run generator now" in the vbseo sitemap cp.

I am very interested, could you explain how to fix this please?

I spent the whole day with searching and testing. I am ALMOST there, could someone help with the rest?

This plugin-code should work with automatic generation daily via vbSeo. And it makes seo-friendly urls, what is working fine for category-links. But the problem I still have with it are the links to an entry.

Here the code:

Code:
    <?php
     	if(!defined('VBSEO_SMDIR'))exit;
    	// replace the URL below with your vBa dyna main folder URL
    	$vba_dyna_url = 'http://www.domain.com/dynamics/';

$lnkg = $db->query_read("SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "adv_dyna_categories");

while ($lnkc = $db->fetch_array($lnkg))
    	{
    		$url = preg_replace('/-+/', '-', str_replace (' ', '-', preg_replace("/[^a-z_0-9 -]/i", '', strtolower(html_entity_decode(trim($lnkc['title'])))))) . '-' . $lnkc['catid']  . '/'; 
    		if(VBSEO_ON)
    			$url = vbseo_any_url($url);

$url = $vba_dyna_url . str_replace($vbseo_vars['bburl'] . '/', '', $url);

vbseo_add_url($url, 1.0, $lnk['lastupdated'], 'daily');
    	}	

$lnkg = $db->query_read("SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "adv_dyna_entries");

while ($lnk = $db->fetch_array($lnkg))

{
      $url = preg_replace('/-+/', '-', str_replace (' ', '-', preg_replace("/[^a-z_0-9 -]/i", '', strtolower(html_entity_decode(trim($lnkc['title'])))))) . '-' . $lnk['catid']  . '/' . preg_replace('/-+/', '-', str_replace (' ', '-', preg_replace("/[^a-z_0-9 -]/i", '', strtolower(html_entity_decode(trim($lnk['title'])))))) . '-' . $lnk['entryid'] . '/'  ; 

if(VBSEO_ON)

vbseo_add_url($url, 1.0, $lnk['lastupdated'], 'weekly');
    	}
    ?>
    Where the problem sits I have marked in red in the code. It does find the right catid, but not the cat-titletext. So links to an entry look for example like this at my sitemap:
    http://www.feelinggood24.de/rezepte/-46/tomatensalat-mit-joghurtsauce-4/
    Marked the error in red, before -46 the category-title should be shown.

That's the only problem in this code, links that just show to a category do work fine, like this for example: http://www.feelinggood24.de/rezepte/hauptgerichte-2/

Here the link to my sitemap directly, everything at the top starting with /rezepte/ is dynamics: http://www.feelinggood24.de/sitemap_addon_1.xml.gz

I can't believe being so far at the solution, but cannot fix the rest Is someone out there who could fix that?

larina

ops I forgot to mention ... til the problem is solved I use this sitemap, but for links to entries without spider friendly urls.

Replacing this part in the code:

Code:
    $url = preg_replace('/-+/', '-', str_replace (' ', '-', preg_replace("/[^a-z_0-9 -]/i", '', strtolower(html_entity_decode(trim($lnkc['title'])))))) . '-' . $lnk['catid']  . '/' . preg_replace('/-+/', '-', str_replace (' ', '-', preg_replace("/[^a-z_0-9 -]/i", '', strtolower(html_entity_decode(trim($lnk['title'])))))) . '-' . $lnk['entryid'] . '/'  ;
    with this:

Code:
    $url = 'showentry.php?e='.$lnk['entryid'] . '&catid='.$lnk['catid'];
    makes the sitemap work correctly in the whole, but links to entries are not rewritten to spiderfriendly.

... this just if someone is looking at my sitemap and is wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by tfw2005 View Post

looking for fixing this issue
    plz give us instructions

Quote Originally Posted by deathemperor View Post
    looking for fixing this issue
    plz give us instructions
    This would be very very great Thousand thanks in advance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by larina View Post
    I spent the whole day with searching and testing. I am ALMOST there, could someone help with the rest?

This plugin-code should work with automatic generation daily via vbSeo. And it makes seo-friendly urls, what is working fine for category-links. But the problem I still have with it are the links to an entry.

Here the code:

Code:
    <?php
     	if(!defined('VBSEO_SMDIR'))exit;
    	// replace the URL below with your vBa dyna main folder URL
    	$vba_dyna_url = 'http://www.domain.com/dynamics/';

$lnkg = $db->query_read("SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "adv_dyna_categories");

while ($lnkc = $db->fetch_array($lnkg))
    	{
    		$url = preg_replace('/-+/', '-', str_replace (' ', '-', preg_replace("/[^a-z_0-9 -]/i", '', strtolower(html_entity_decode(trim($lnkc['title'])))))) . '-' . $lnkc['catid']  . '/'; 
    		if(VBSEO_ON)

vbseo_add_url($url, 1.0, $lnk['lastupdated'], 'daily');
    	}	

$lnkg = $db->query_read("SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "adv_dyna_entries");

while ($lnk = $db->fetch_array($lnkg))

{

if(VBSEO_ON)

vbseo_add_url($url, 1.0, $lnk['lastupdated'], 'weekly');
    	}
    ?>
    Where the problem sits I have marked in red in the code. It does find the right catid, but not the cat-titletext. So links to an entry look for example like this at my sitemap:
    http://www.feelinggood24.de/rezepte/-46/tomatensalat-mit-joghurtsauce-4/
    Marked the error in red, before -46 the category-title should be shown.

That's the only problem in this code, links that just show to a category do work fine, like this for example: http://www.feelinggood24.de/rezepte/hauptgerichte-2/

Here the link to my sitemap directly, everything at the top starting with /rezepte/ is dynamics: http://www.feelinggood24.de/sitemap_addon_1.xml.gz

I can't believe being so far at the solution, but cannot fix the rest Is someone out there who could fix that?

larina

Hey friends

Is nobody out there, who can fix this little issue???

I am sure many people would be very thankful for a working dynamics sitemap addon which takes the seo-friendly-urls and even does work via vbseo-cronjob.

It works so nice (via cronjob), and it works perfectly for the categories, just the entries-stuff has to be fixed. Someone with php/mysql-knowledge easily should be able to do this?

larina

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information