Thread: SQL Error on New Install

Default SQL Error on New Install

Ive uninstall/reinstalled a couple of times but i still get the same error when i click install. I see the VBAlinks in my admincp but they are messed up. Even when I uninstall I see the VBAlinks in my admin CP after a couple of refreshes. Anyone know?

MySQL Error : Duplicate entry 'settinggroup_adv_global--1-vbsettings' for key 2
    Error Number : 1062
    Request Date : Tuesday, October 7th 2008 @ 12:48:29 PM
    Error Date : Tuesday, October 7th 2008 @ 12:48:29 PM
    Last edited by PWO81; 10-07-2008 at 04:20 PM.

I just deleted everything, uploaded everything again and tried to reinstall and I get the same error:

MySQL Error : Duplicate entry 'settinggroup_adv_global--1-vbsettings' for key 2
    Error Number : 1062

I have the exact same problem. Has this been resolved yet?

Quote Originally Posted by citricguy2 View Post
    I have the exact same problem. Has this been resolved yet?
    No. I uninstalled a third time and tried again. Same thing.

Just solved it from my end.

The 3.0.0 New Install feature is bugged out on my setup. No matter what it try i cannot do a new install with 3.0.0

What i did was install a fresh copy of 3.0 RC1 as a new install and then updated to 3.0.0 using the upgrade feature successfully. I have no idea why.

Be sure to uninstall the broken copy of 3.0.0 with the 3.0.0 uninstaller before you downgrade to upgrade though.

I hope that helps, and good luck man.

http://www.recognizedexpert.com/links/

Thank you for pointing this out. For anyone else that is having the same issue with a new install, the vbalinks_install.php file in the download package here has just been updated to correct this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Thank you for pointing this out. For anyone else that is having the same issue with a new install, the vbalinks_install.php file in the download package here has just been updated to correct this issue.
    That worked. Thanks citricguy2 and Brian!

Brian, I am now getting an error on top of my links page. It shows thw page fine but theres an error line on top:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/xxxx/xxxxxxl/links/index.php on line 118

Quote Originally Posted by PWO81 View Post
    Brian, I am now getting an error on top of my links page. It shows thw page fine but theres an error line on top:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/xxxx/xxxxxxl/links/index.php on line 118
    Ok, I think I just fixed it. I searched Google and saw a similar thread here where someone just changed the Links Home URL in the admincp and it fixed it. I changed mine from http://www.mysite.com/links to www.mysite.com/links and its gone. Is it that easy or is there anything else I should do?

You'll need to add 'http://' back in front of the link, otherwise it likely won't work from anywhere.

You'll need to add 'http://' back in front of the link, otherwise it likely won't work from anywhere.
    Brian, I put the http:// back on the Links Home URL on the error is still gone so thats good. Although now im having another problem. When I enable the Enable Spider Friendly URL's and click on the Category I get sent to an error page. When I disable the Spider Friendly URL's they are fine. Any ideas why? I have vBSEO 3.2.0 installed, do you think that has anything to do with it?

Did you miss this note under the SEO setting? (we probably need to make it bold)

Please note that you must upload the .htaccess file that comes in the "Extras (do not upload)" folder of the download package to your /links folder if you intend to use this option.

Thread Information