Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vBSEO Sitemap Addon

thanks a lot! Appreciate!

just checked my sitemap file again this morning, and there were no links included...also run the sitemap generator manually....strange!!!

Have you turned off the cronjob inside admincp for the sitemap-generation?

vbSeo Sitemap also does not put the URLs from extra-urls.txt inside the sitemap if it is run via cronjob. But it works fine when it is run manually. And this is their very own script. For this someone could give me a fix, as you can read here http://www.vbseo.com/f2/i-cant-under...t-works-26033/

Same thing with this addon here, and also with the one for Dynamics. While the fix just mentioned does not help with those.

This would be a thing for vbSeo Support. I thought about asking them, but then I thought I just wait for the next vbSeo-Version, perhaps they will fix it anyway. It is a bug when running the sitemap via Cronjob brings total other results then when running it manually. Til it is fixed I just ONLY make manual sitemaps. That should solve your problem. Or open a ticket at vbSeo, if you don't want to wait for a fix.

turned it off and run it manually...now they are back...funny

Yeah, just do it like this til there is a fix. I think it's no problem to do it manually from time to time.

do you know which template (and variable in the title) I need to change so that only the name of the link appears in the search engines and not the name of my web site before as well?

Funny, that's what I just did some days ago.

There are lots of templates, just search for bbtitle and when you open such a template you find something like
    $vboptions[bbtitle] -
    inside the title-tag.
    This you would need to remove if it should not be shown inside the titel of your pages.

I don't know if there is an easy way to do this for all templates that contain it. Under Styles & Templates there is a function, where you can let replace variables, perhaps try this. Or do some search at vbulletin.org. Myself I did it by hand for my page using this mod: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=152931 so that at least I won't have to do it again after every vbulletin-update. If you chose to use this mod, I could put my title-changes into a xml-file, which you just would need to import then. But probably there are also other solutions.

So Sweet thank you!!!

hi,

I get this error message:

Warning: require_once(includes/vba_links_functions.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/basmhnet/public_html/vb/vbseo_sitemap/addons/vbseo_sm_vba_links.php on line 2

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/vba_links_functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/basmhnet/public_html/vb/vbseo_sitemap/addons/vbseo_sm_vba_links.php on line 2

How the edit this error message

Thanks

Hi basmh,

I don't know if I can help you. Are all url's set correctly in the file vbseo_sm_vba_links.php ?

You could try to change the line
    require_once('includes/vba_links_functions.php');
    to
    require_once('/home/basmhnet/public_html/vb/includes/vba_links_functions.php');

Just an idea, what I would try if I had this problem. The script seems to look for the file vba_links_functions.php at the wrong place, but don't ask me why

larina

Thumbs up

hi,

Error message the problem is over

See the result became

[addon module] vbseo_sm_vba_links.php [3,507.8Kb mem used] [100s (+0s)]
    [create sitemap file] filename: sitemap_9.xml.gz, number of urls: 8453 [3,334.4Kb mem used] [100s (+0s)]
    [create sitemap index] filename: sitemap_index.xml.gz, number of sitemaps: 9 [3,336.4Kb mem used] [100s (+0s)]
    Sitemap has been created. Click here to return [3,334.3Kb mem used] [101s (+1s)]

----------------
    Now you can see the map
    Click the link and saw the bottom of the page

http://www.basmh.net/vb/sitemap_9.xml.gz

You will see a folder ( links )

=============================

Just replaced the Annex vbseo_sm_vba_links.php

Just replaced the Annex
    Modify the link to your site

basmh

How is this add-on different from the one of the same name that is now included with vBSEO?

jauburn, this add-on takes the spider friendly url's into the sitemap instead of the dynamic php-urls.

Quote Originally Posted by larina View Post
    jauburn, this add-on takes the spider friendly url's into the sitemap instead of the dynamic php-urls.
    Good news. Seems to be working.

Can anyone confirm if this still works with 3.2.0?

Just wondering as it doesn't seem to add links to the sitemap for me.

Cheers,

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Rozzz View Post
    Can anyone confirm if this still works with 3.2.0?

Just wondering as it doesn't seem to add links to the sitemap for me.

Cheers,

Ross
    This hack does work and does add the seo friendly url's to the sitemap, however Google chokes on the sitemap and tosses off individual warnings for each url that the url not valid.

Worked great for me.. in fact when I first tried the plugin now included in vbseo, it generated an error - your version worked fine however :-)

Quote Originally Posted by m_k View Post
    Worked great for me.. in fact when I first tried the plugin now included in vbseo, it generated an error - your version worked fine however :-)
    which plugin?

does this work with link directory version 4?

I do not get any links returned

[addon module] vbseo_sm_vba_links.php [11,572.1Kb mem used] [16s (+0s)]

I am using

• VBseo 3.5.1
    • Sitemap 2.6
    • vb 4.0.5

and the latest Links.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information