Thread: how do i make the subcategories display?

Default how do i make the subcategories display?

like on the testing category here
    http://www.vbadvanced.com/links/

it has the main header and then sub categories under it displayed as smaller text

ACP > vbA LInks > Modify Settings > Category Options > Depth of Categories
    The depth of categories to show in the category listings. If you set this option to '2', the current category level and any child categories one level below that will be displayed.
    > AND >Display Smaller Sub-Category Columns
    This option will allow you to display links to a category's sub-subcategories in a condensed form in the category listings. If you wish to separate the sub-categories into columns, you may specify the number of columns here. Otherwise set this option to 0 to disable sub-categories.
    Seen vB5 beta? No more vbulletin for me, done , gone,finished .

i think i phrased my question incorrectly.

how do i make it appear as a child forum style link instead of being underneath as a seperate forum

if you look here you will see each link category is appearing like a seperate forum yet on your demo site the "testing category" shows a load of child categories inthe one category space.

not sure if that makes sense.

basically how do i make it look like child forums.

OK, create a category,then using "Manage categories" in the vBA links ACP go to the drop down menu next to your category,find "Create Sub Category" create the Sub category and select as the parent category the one you are working in, keep repeating this process and each time use the same parent,this will give you a category title and the multiple links.
    Seen vB5 beta? No more vbulletin for me, done , gone,finished .

ah i see now. you need to have an actual category not a category heading as the parent. that is where i went wrong.

Just in case anyone gets stuck with the same thing make a top level category heading then a parent level category under that which needs to be an actual category then unde tthat put your individual categories which can contain lthe links.

you can turn of the ability to add links into the parent cat in the edit settings. for that category so it acts like a header.

I do this and nothing happens:

ACP > vbA LInks > Modify Settings > Category Options > Depth of Categories

Quote:
    The depth of categories to show in the category listings. If you set this option to '2', the current category level and any child categories one level below that will be displayed.

> AND >Display Smaller Sub-Category Columns

Quote:
    This option will allow you to display links to a category's sub-subcategories in a condensed form in the category listings. If you wish to separate the sub-categories into columns, you may specify the number of columns here. Otherwise set this option to 0 to disable sub-categories.

Nevermind, i got it!! thanks!

Thread Information