Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Module] [3.8.1] Upcoming Events - Standalone version

Default [Module] [3.8.x] Upcoming Events - Standalone version

This is an update of the vb3.5 version of this module for vb3.8.x and vBa 3.1.

Upcoming Events
    Critical controls done via module ACP including
    • Specifying which calendar to use
    • Whether to display Admin-defined Holidays
    • Number of days to look at
    • Display grouping (Event or Days)
    • Optionally display a 'No Events' message when no events available
    • Limit the number of events displayed

The way the dates are displayed has been changed to only show a start and end date instead of multiple dates when dealing with recurring or ranged events. Additionally, the earliest date shown will be the current date. Single date events will only have that date shown.

The Upcoming Events section makes use of 2 templates, adv_portal_todaysevents, and adv_portal_upcomingevents which has the phrase "Upcoming Events" in it.

The only real limitation is that the number of days specified for the upcoming events will be limited to the number specified for the Forum Home Page Display as the databuild routine references that variable.

To upgrade it will be necessary to delete the current version of the module and install this new version.

Revisions

2/13/2009
    Upgraded module to be compatible with vb 3.8.1.

To display holidays it is necessary to modify the CMPS index.php file by adding the portion in red. If you already have phrasegroups listed then simply add it to them.
    Code:
    $phrasegroups = array('holiday');
    To display all calendars in a single module similar to the way events display on the Forum Home page use the "Simple" calendar.

PS - If you like this module and would like to make a donation you can do so via PayPal.
    Last edited by Tom M; 02-13-2009 at 02:20 PM.
    Tom Morris
    Porsche Boxster discussion forum.
    Today's Conservative discussion forum.

First!

Looks good. Thanks for the new mod!

Thanks for the mod.

I have a little problem after installing the "Event Forum" Add-on. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=123416

<strong>08-03-09</strong><br />&raquo; <a rel="nofollow" href="http://soft.com.sg/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&amp;day=2009-3-8&amp;e=466&amp;c=1" title="<a href="calendar.php?c=1">Default Calendar</a>">Rebellion ! @ Mahligai Manis</a>
    Towards the end of that code, there's an additional <a href="calendar.php?c=1">

Check out this page to see the error -> http://soft.com.sg/forum/calendar.ph...-3-8&e=529&c=1

The Upcoming Events module is on the right of the page.

Thanks!

Does the module exhibit the same problem if you disable the "Event Forum" plugin?
    Tom Morris

On non-Event Forum created pages, there is no error. I suspect there is some conflict between Event Forum and Upcoming Events.

Quote Originally Posted by softsoft View Post
    On non-Event Forum created pages, there is no error. I suspect there is some conflict between Event Forum and Upcoming Events.
    I did some more looking and it works properly on your calendar page.

The plugins used by the Event product use much of the same code as this vBa module (most of the Today's Events code from the vb FORUHOME page). As such, many of the variables have the same name and may be clashing depending on where the plugins get used - which isn't good. I suspect that if you disabled the product that things would work as expected with the vBa module. Tracking it down further than that would require a bit more work.
    Last edited by Tom M; 03-01-2009 at 12:07 PM.
    Tom Morris

Hi Tom

Thanks for looking into it.

Ya, if Event Forum and Upcoming Event could work together, it would be perfect for me.

The problem is with this line
    Code:
    $calendarinfo['title'] = '<a href="calendar.php?c=' . $eventinfo['calendarid'] . '">' . $calendarinfo['title'] . '</a>';
    in the Display Event Details on Thread Page plugin of the Events product as it actually modifies the title to contain the link.

You might post over at vb.org to see if the author can do something about that.
    Tom Morris

Default I've got this installed..

So I've got this installed but no events are showing up. The next event is well within the range but it's not showing.

Link?

Does the module show up?

Do the events show up on the FORUMHOME page?

If so, is the number of days set to allow it to show on the CMPS page?
    Tom Morris

We're still running on a temporary domain so unless I start handing out passwords you wouldn't be able to see it.

The mini calendar module shows the event just fine. Hopefully the attached image will better explain the problem.

The only other thing I could suggest at this point is that it's possibly a permissions issue.

If that's not it feel free to PM me the needed info and I'll look at it firsthand.
    Tom Morris

Tom, thanks for the reply. I messed around with the permissions and it appears to have been the problem. Thanks.

In that case, it's probably that the look ahead days for the FORUMHOME page is only set to 7 days. The module will use the lesser value between the number set in vb and the number set in the module.
    Tom Morris

ya I took a second look at the permissions, I created a secondary "registerd users" group for a specific group but neglected to copy the permissions. So while it probably worked fine for everyone else that group simply couldn't see it.

I did have the FORUMHOME page set to 7 days. I logged in with my admin account and saw the test items show up and that threw me for a loop since I remember setting that value ealier, just not so low.

Either way it's all working good now thanks

I am having a problem with the upcoming events showing on the front page myself...

http://www.scion-nation.org/

Any ideas? I have checked all the permissions, set it to 90 days... Not sure what else is needed.

Thanks

As a Guest I don't see any events on the FORUMHOME page either. Did you change that value from the default of 1 day or do Guests not have permission to view events?
    Tom Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    As a Guest I don't see any events on the FORUMHOME page either. Did you change that value from the default of 1 day or do Guests not have permission to view events?
    Where is that value located?

Quote Originally Posted by _Keith_ View Post
    Where is that value located?
    Check the FORUMHOME settings under VBulletin Options.
    Tom Morris

Thanks found it and that worked...

Was driving me crazy last night!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information