Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Module] [3.8.1] Upcoming Events - Standalone version

Works great, thank you!

Hi Tom...

How can I remove the bullet from before each event?

I didnt see it in the templates

EDIT: I found it in the module file.

cheers
    Last edited by neverstop; 04-07-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Hi,

Is there a simple way of increasing the point size of the text displaying the title of the events?

As the feedback I am getting from my test page is the text needs to be as large as that in the site navigation panel in the left column.

Test page here: http://www.doctorwatson.info/index.php?pageid=home-test

Also, I say a ‘simple way’ as despite my join date I only installed vb & vba in March this year and I have no pervious experience of the software or websites in general.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The default font is the same as used in the Recent Discussion module. The Nav module has done something to change the size so you might look there as a start and then modify the template used by the Event module.
    Tom Morris
    Porsche Boxster discussion forum.
    Today's Conservative discussion forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    The problem is with this line
    Code:
    $calendarinfo['title'] = '<a href="calendar.php?c=' . $eventinfo['calendarid'] . '">' . $calendarinfo['title'] . '</a>';
    in the Display Event Details on Thread Page plugin of the Events product as it actually modifies the title to contain the link.
    So is this the only problem with event forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Samir View Post
    So is this the only problem with event forums?
    This was related to a specific issue due to a plugin the user had enabled.
    Tom Morris

This was related to a specific issue due to a plugin the user had enabled.
    Exactly. I'm planning to use this same plugin and wanted to know if this module would work.

Unless the author of the other plugin has changed the way they permanently modify the event titles then you will have the same problem as the prior user.
    Tom Morris

Exactly how does the modification of the event title to contain the link affect the upcoming events module? What is the behavior of this module? Does the event plugin actually store the modified title in the database? If the upcoming events module is modified to accept this link+title combination would this be the only issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Samir View Post
    Exactly how does the modification of the event title to contain the link affect the upcoming events module? What is the behavior of this module? Does the event plugin actually store the modified title in the database? If the upcoming events module is modified to accept this link+title combination would this be the only issue?
    It doesn't actually impact the module but it does cause the title and link to display multiple times.

Yes, the event plugin rewrites the event title.

You could, in theory, parse the title to restore it to its normal appearance when the module retrieves the information from the database.
    Tom Morris

Thank you for the information Tom. I'll probably rewrite the module to do just that or to parse it properly.

There is an option to disable the event forums plugin part where it rewrites the title. Has anyone played with that option?

I don't know but if you can turn the rewrite off then things should work fine.
    Tom Morris

Thank you for the feedback Tom. I'll post my trials and solutions in this thread.

The default font is the same as used in the Recent Discussion module. The Nav module has done something to change the size so you might look there as a start and then modify the template used by the Event module.
    Thanks for your reply, I keep coming back to it, but I haven't a clue what it means. /

When you say Nav module do you mean 'Site Navigation' module in vBa.

Only I don't use that as I had complaints about the text being too small, so I created my own site nav panel by just using a new BB module.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorwatson View Post
    When you say Nav module do you mean 'Site Navigation' module in vBa.

Only I don't use that as I had complaints about the text being too small, so I created my own site nav panel by just using a new BB module.
    Well then, you should be able to figure out how to modify the fonts as needed

Seriously though, other than changing the default font you would probably need to modify the templates to achieve your goal.
    Tom Morris

Well then, you should be able to figure out how to modify the fonts as needed
    Well that's easy in a bog standard module I've created by clicking on 'add module' in the vBa control panel, but I am lost beyond that. /

Seriously though, other than changing the default font you would probably need to modify the templates to achieve your goal.
    The default font of the 'Upcoming Events - Standalone version' module or the whole site? And where would I find this?

Otherwise if I need to modify the templates - which ones? Is it just a question of pointing and clicking on something? Or does it involve fiddling with HTML, which is just double-Dutch to me.

I am getting the feeling this is not something simple for a complete beginner, may be I should forget about it.

*feels stupid*

Yes, the module uses the default font for the site same as CMPS does.

There would be one template to modify (it's listed in the templates used section of the module as I recall) and yes it would mean tweaking the HTML. It's really not hard to do and would probably only take a few minutes of research on your part.
    Tom Morris

Quote Originally Posted by doctorwatson View Post
    I am getting the feeling this is not something simple for a complete beginner, may be I should forget about it.

*feels stupid*
    Don't give up! I felt the same way when I started playing with the cmps at version 1.0. If you don't know how to do something, post here and do Internet searches. I've learned how to do all sorts of neat things I never thought possible. It's just a lot of learning. But it's cake once you get the hang of it.

With the event forum plugin and this module, there will be duplicate entries if the sort type is set to 'Group by Events'. Preliminary testing indicates that if the sort type is set to 'Group by Date' that it works like normal.

Now if I can just get the module header to look like my old one, I'm done.

I think I found the solution for the event forums. Under the plugin manager, uncheck the line for "Add Time and Date to thread navbits". That may fix it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information