Thread: A SEO tweak to the link to us page

Default A SEO tweak to the link to us page

Well all know having anchor words on incoming links to your forum helps with SEO.

By default you can only add banners to the link to us page.

Banners will add a nice image, plus a link. But I like many others do not do images of any great standard, plus search engines can not read any text displayed on the image.

To gain maximum returns from your link to us page, its far better to give the HTML code and description of your forum for others to place on their websites.

Well placed keywords on high ranking pages means better ranking for those words. Plus people are more likely to click on a link if it has a good description.

There is a very simple solution to this, which takes very little time to implement, I will even give you the code to do it and alter to your own needs. Plus you can still use your banners links, that code does not get altered.

First off go into your admin cp and go to the ADV_LINKS_LINKTOUS template

Find

PHP Code:
    $header
    $navbar
    $linksnav 
    Next alter the code below to your own needs and add it below the above. The code is almost the same as I use on my own forum.

PHP Code:
    <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]class="tborder" width="100%">
    <
    thead>
       <
    tr>
        <
    td class="tcat" colspan="2">Link To Us</td>
       </
    tr>
      </
    thead>
    <
    tbody>
       <
    tr>
        <
    td align="center" class="panelsurround">
    <
    div class="panel">

<
    B>To place a link in our free link exchange directory,</Bfirst you need to place a link back to us. <br /><br />
    Please place the following code on your website.<br /><br />
    &
    lt;a href="http://www  your url here.com/"&gt; <<<<<Your Forum Description here>>> &lt;/a&gt;<br /><br />
    <
    B>You do not have to be a member of our forums to exchange links with us.</B><BR /><BR />
    Simply add the above code to your web site then proceed to the next step.<BR /><BR />
    All links submitted to our free Spain links directory by non members are moderatedbut they are quickly approved.<BR /><BR />
    </
    td>
    </
    div>
       </
    tr>
      </
    tbody
    You can give people more choices of the code they use to link back to you, giving even more keywords and phrases you rank better for.

You can see an example of the above code in place on my own link to us page.
    http://www.thespainforum.com/links/misc.php?do=linktous

It still needs some work, with adding a few more options of descriptions people can use.

Notice I dont require people to register to exchange links. Why force people to join, if all they will do is register, place a link and never get seen again.

Through my own tests, I have found you get better back links from the search engines plus an increase in visitors from sites that use text links.

And by doing things the above way, you can still give people the option of displaying a banner. That code does not change.

But can you still use banners after you edit this template?
    Peggy
    free and custom vB styles, forum services, website directory, and more!
    Rush Hour Madness - come join the fun!

You still have the option of using banners. The code goes above that for the banners.

That does not get altered at all

And don't forget guys/gals, text links have been added to the current version of vBa Links.

http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35129

Thread Information