Thread: Modules Edit Nonmovable

Default Modules Edit Nonmovable

I can't move the modules to arrange its order in the edit page. The drag and drop simply have no effect.

Tried using both firefox and internet explorer. No problem with the javascript.

No "Allow Page Customization" option in the CMS "Main Options." There is one within the page edit, and nothing is fixed even if it is set to yes. It only works for separate members. Not a permanent change that I am looking for.

What is the problem here?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Cibo; 05-22-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cibo View Post
    I can't move the modules to arrange its order in the edit page. The drag and drop simply have no effect.

Tried using both firefox and internet explorer. No problem with the javascript.
    I have having the same problem. Can anyone chime in on this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cibo View Post
    No "Allow Page Customization" option in the CMS "Main Options." There is one within the page edit, and nothing is fixed even if it is set to yes. It only works for separate members. Not a permanent change that I am looking for.

What is the problem here?

Thank you.
    Regarding your second issue, you may want to try the following.

For those who have customized the 'adv_portal' template, please note that you will need to manually add the following code to the 'adv_portal' template just below the $navbar variable in order to show the 'Customize This Page' link to your members.
    Code:

<if condition="$show['customizepagelink']">
    <div align="$stylevar[right]" style="padding-top: $stylevar[cellpadding]px; padding-bottom: $stylevar[cellpadding]px">
    <if condition="$show['customizepage']">
    <a href="$show[customizepagelink]">$vbphrase[exit_customization_mode]</a>
    <else />
    <a href="$show[customizepagelink]">$vbphrase[customize_this_page]</a>
    </if>
    </div>
    </if>

Do you receive any javascript errors on the page, and can you confrim that the clientscript/vba_cmps_dd.js and clientscript/vba_cmps_admin_dd.js files are on your server?

I have this problem as well and the javascript files are on my server in the correct directory.

I 'solved' it by setting the javascript option to 'no' and using the form. So no biggie, but a pity it doesnt work.

I just ran into this one, as well. I double checked that all files were present and even made sure they were the correct version. I also ran through the install again and reset everything.

It works fine on my test site, (vB 3.8.3) but not my live site (vB 3.7.3). What I found to be odd, is that the problem only exists in the ACP. If I enable page customization, that seems to work at least as far as being able to drag modules around. However, in the ACP, I get the cursor change, but nothing will move.

Kinda scratching my head on this one. I've tried from Mac, Windows, and Linux, using different flavors of browsers. I'm not seeing any java errors.

I didn't have any issues at all when building MyPolitics-Forum.com, but now that I'm working on upgrading my main site, MyMedia-Forum.com is being a little stubborn. Both sites and their associated test sites are on the same server.
    Last edited by TPTP; 06-30-2009 at 06:48 AM.

Ahhh, I think I see what the issue is. vBulletin didn't include the Yahoo javascript files used by the drag & drop features until v3.7.4, so those files probably are not available on your server. You can correct that and call the files from the Yahoo servers instead though if you'll look in your admincp/vba_cmps_admin.php file for this code:
    PHP Code:
    echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="../clientscript/yui/animation/animation-min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../clientscript/yui/dragdrop/dragdrop-min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../clientscript/vba_cmps_admin_dd.js"></script> 
    And replace with this:
    PHP Code:
    echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build/animation/animation-min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build/dragdrop/dragdrop-min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../clientscript/vba_cmps_admin_dd.js"></script> 

Ahh, bingo! I must have been really tired last night, because I was looking through the yui stuff. I must have confused myself somewhere among the four installations that I was looking at, because I didn't notice the missing directories and files.

Rather than edit to redirect externally, I just copied the animation and dragdrop directories over to the 3.7.3 installation, and now it's working as expected.

Thanks Brian!

The real question now... How were the modules movable by the user, when the required files were missing?

*shrug*

I attached the files from my fixed 3.7.3 installation (originally taken from my vB 3.8.3 sandbox) for others who may not have them handy. The zip contains a yui directory that in turn contains the animation and drag drop directories and their associated files. Drop those in the file system and that's the end of the "super-glued modules syndrome".
    Last edited by TPTP; 06-30-2009 at 04:16 PM.

The real question now... How were the modules movable by the user, when the required files were missing?
    The front-end just calls the file directly from yahoo.com.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!! i was freaken out, i thought i installed it wrong, haha

Thread Information