Thread: pageid missing the question mark?

Default pageid missing the question mark?

When I create pages in cmps, they get created and can be accessed via their proper URL directly (index.php?pageid=newpage). However, when using the navigation menu above the main vB navbar, all the links to the newly created pages do not contain the "?" (index.phppageid=newpage)

It's on a clean vBcmps install (3.2.0 in root), on a vB 3.8.2 forum (in /forum, no hacks), only style edit was adding two links to the navbar template. Edit for truth: vB Blogs are installed as well.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Ravencroft; 06-09-2009 at 07:57 AM.

Do you have vBSEO or anything else like that installed? The question mark is hard-coded into links within the modules/navigation.php file, so I don't see how it would be missing unless you have some other type of hack that's replacing code.

No hacks. Zero, zip, nada.

I also just checked out a test install I did a few days ago - same problem, with the added bonus of that install being on a completely different server.

And this is the only area that's affected. Site Navigation module picks up proper links without any issues, it's just the topside navigation tree that's bungled.

I know this is not much helpful info, but I'm giving you all I've got.

What I described above happens only with the 3.2 version of cmps. My very patient server provider and I tested this out on 4 different servers, and the issue was replicated four times exclusively with the 3.2 version. All were plain installs with no hacks and no edits done.

This issue is not present in 3.1.0.

Would you mind taking a look and seeing what could potentially be causing this?

I'm sorry, I misread your first post and thought you were referring to the navigation module. I see the issue with the navbits and have updated the forum/includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php file in the download package here to include the fix. If you will download the files from here again and update that one on your server, that should take care of the issue.

I probably could have waited with posting till I actually got some sleep. Attaching a screenshot or two would have been a good idea as well.

Changed file uploaded, and everything's working fine and dandy now.

Thanks ever so much, Brian.

Oh I posted about this bug as well and just found this thread. I need to get that file updated ASAP.

NOTE I upgraded that file and breadcrumb life is back in balance again!
    Kamikage

Thread Information