Thread: Collectable Database?

Default Collectable Database?

The discription of this software suggest it can be used as a database. How robust are those capabilities?

I run a forum dedicated to collecting products of a single manufacture. I need a database that can hold 10,000 entries to start, along with expandability up to 50,000. This will need to be a database with a minimum of 25 fields with 5 images per entry. I will need a data entry screen, a query screen and a query result screen. I would also need a printable query result screen. The query screen would need to allow any and all fields to be searched on with a minimum of 3 of the fields used as search parameters. Results sorted to the users desires.

Is this something Dynamics can do? If not can you recommend what will?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by 45Wheelgun; 07-18-2009 at 07:52 AM.

The only thing you've mentioned that's not really a default feature is the "minimum of 3 of the fields used as search parameters". There's not anything on the search page that will require at least 3 fields to be searched, but if you're familiar with PHP then that could be altered with some plugins or by modifying the dynamics/search.php file.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The only thing you've mentioned that's not really a default feature is the "minimum of 3 of the fields used as search parameters". There's not anything on the search page that will require at least 3 fields to be searched, but if you're familiar with PHP then that could be altered with some plugins or by modifying the dynamics/search.php file.
    I think I didn't phrase part of that correctly, I need the users to be able to search on three fields (at least).

Other then the possible search issue, can you point me to where I can read about the setup involved as well as a link to a site using something similar (or any database).

Thanks,
    Dave

Any custom fields added can be searched, so it doesn't sound like that part would be a problem.
    The setup just involves editing one file to add the path to your vBulletin folder, uploading the files to your server, and then running the admincp/vbadyna_install.php file in your browser which will add all of the tables, templates, phrases, and etc.
    You can find a list of sites running vBa Dynamics here:
    http://www.vbadvanced.com/products.p...ks&productid=7
    CMPS Users Manual

If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Well that all sounds great. A couple of other questions while I grab my credit card.

Will I be able to import existing databases via a comma delimited text file?

Can you point me to the Users Manual so I can look it over?

Thanks,
    Dave

There's not really any type of generic import functions, though there is a script available here that can import threads from your vB forums. About the only way to import a text file though would be to convert it to a MySQL query(ies) to insert the data.

There is not a users manual for vBa Dynamics, though most everything on the Admin side is very similar to the way vB works so it usually doesn't take long for someone to get familar with things. And of course we're here to answer any questions if there's something you're not sure of.
    If you haven't seen it yet, be sure to take a look at the Admin CP demo.
    http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/demo/?script=dyna
    CMPS Users Manual

Thread Information