Thread: Drag and Drop Admin CP issue

Default Drag and Drop Admin CP issue

Hi,

I upgraded to 3.2.1 today and drag and drop wasn't working. I was digging to see where the problem was and found out that when vBulletin is configured to get the YUI library from Google, the script tries to load this:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/yui/2.7.0/build/animation/animation-min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/yui/2.7.0/build/dragdrop/dragdrop-min.js"></script>
    Moving the Remote YUI option to none solves the problem.

That is VERY interesting , I wonder how many of the people that had D+D issues are using the YUI option ?
    Seen vB5 beta? No more vbulletin for me, done , gone,finished .

Ahh, thank you for pointing this out. It seems there was a small bug with the YUI path that's adding the '../' in front of the paths. I've just updated the admincp/vba_cmps_admin.php file in the download package here to include the fix, so if you will download the files again and update that one on your server, that should take care of the issue.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Default Not Working

I have this exact problem described here. I upgraded from 2.2 to 3.2.1. I run vBulletin 3.8.4.

I have a dev machine at home, and a prod machine hosted off site. My dev is a mirror of prod, with additional vm's for skinning and modding, etc. I did a fresh build (mirror) of prod using the SAME files, DB, etc. just prior to the VBA 321 upgrade. Everything was fine.

Next it was time to upgrade the dev box to VBA 321. I downloaded a fresh copy of VBA 321 last night (Sept 8th) at 18:18 PDT. Install went smooth with now errors. Everything looked great except the drag & drop in the VBA control panel. It was producing a "extend failed please check that all dependencies are included" error in IE. I pulled my hair for hours on this, comparing Linux binaries and packages, etc.

When I read this thread - I noticed that it updated yesterday, before I downloaded the fresh copy of VBA 321.

For the heck of it, I copied the older copy of VBA 321 that I had downloaded to my prod server on Sept 5th at 22:00 PDT. After overwriting the 'new' VBA 321 files with the 'old' VBA 321 files, everythying worked perfectly.

Here is the clip from the 'new' VBA 321 vba_cmps_admin.php downloaded last night:

Code:
    	if ($vba_options['portal_admindd'])
    	{
    		$yuipath = (IS_VB_38) ? ($vbulletin->options['remoteyui'] ? '' : '../') . $stylevar['yuipath'] : 'http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build/';

echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="' . $yuipath . 'animation/animation-min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="' . $yuipath . 'dragdrop/dragdrop-min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../clientscript/vba_cmps_admin_dd.js"></script>

...and here is the clip from the 'old' VBA 321 vba_cmps_admin.php downloaded 22:00 PDT Sept. 5th:

Code:
    	if ($vba_options['portal_admindd'])
    	{
    		echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="' . (IS_VB_38 ? '../' . $stylevar['yuipath'] : 'http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build') . '/animation/animation-min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="' . (IS_VB_38 ? '../' . $stylevar['yuipath'] : 'http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build') . '/dragdrop/dragdrop-min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../clientscript/vba_cmps_admin_dd.js"></script>
    I'm assuming this is the area that's breaking on the new files. If so, then your new code breaks, where your old code worked just fine - for me anyway.

Sorry for the trouble, it looks like I somehow still missed a '/' in the path. I've updated the admincp/vba_cmps_admin.php file again to add that slash, so if you'll download the files again and update that one on your server, that should take care of the issue.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Same problem here, now where do I re-download from.

Quote Originally Posted by choppin View Post
    Same problem here, now where do I re-download from.
    Downloads are available in the members area
    Seen vB5 beta? No more vbulletin for me, done , gone,finished .

Thread Information