Thread: Looking for help

Default Looking for help

I would like to take my current data in dynamics and add a little something...

My current data is basically a repository of action figures from a particular company. I would like it so each user can somehow go in and maybe have a checklist page so they can (add it to their collection).

It would be like a show what you have in your collection using the dynamics data...

Anyone know how to do this or would be interested in coding it?

Couldn't you just use the favorites system for that? Then your users could access the 'My Favorites' link anytime to see a list, and they'll also see a little "heart" image next to any entries in their favorites while browsing.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

I could but, how could I get a page to show just their "checklist"? Say for instance 'bobby' has a link in his profile to his collection. The page would pull up something like the first attachment and the title of each dynamics article in his collection...

So basically you would just need for your members to be able to view each others favorites list, right? That would require a small code change, but should be possible if you look in your dynamics/browseentry.php file for this code:
    PHP Code:
    $wherequery[] = 'favorites.userid = ' $vbulletin->userinfo['userid']; 
    And replace with this:
    PHP Code:
            $vbulletin->input->clean_gpc('r''favuser'TYPE_UINT);

$wherequery[] = 'favorites.userid = ' . ($vbulletin->GPC['favuser'] ? $vbulletin->GPC['favuser'] : $vbulletin->userinfo['userid']); 
    Then you would just need to add a link to the profile template or wherever you would like that looks something like this:
    Code:
    dynamics/browsecategory.php?do=favorites&favuser=X
    CMPS Users Manual

If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

One last question Brian, is there a way that each person can have their own unique info about the article?

For instance let's say each piece is number xxx/1000 and they wanted to put the number they have associated with each piece...

Unfortunately I don't think that one is going to be quite as easy. I'm sure it's possible, but it would require a number of code changes to add a way for the user to enter that number, and then of course that number would need to be stored somewhere in the database (altering the adv_dyna_favorites table to add a new column for it would probably be the best).
    CMPS Users Manual

How would I go about changing the word My Favorites or Favorites to My Collection or Collections

Just go to Admin CP => Languages & Phrases => Search in Phrases, enter 'favorite' as the text to search for, and you should see any phrases that contain 'favorite' listed under 'vBa Dynamics Phrases'.
    CMPS Users Manual

Thanks again Brian!

Thread Information