Thread: Fatal Error Message for Guests

Default Fatal Error Message for Guests

I thought I had fixed my problem with this issue but I guess only kinda so I'm putting it in its own thread.

If I open my site by going directly to the url I get the fatel error again,

Fatal error: Call to undefined function vba_template_alter() in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forum/includes/vba_cmps_include_bottom.php on line 27

But if I go to the forum first where I am already logged in, the forum opens then I can retype in my url and it will open the vbadvanced home page like everything is fine.
    I have checked diagnostics and it shows no errors, my settings for vba look good but then I am new to vba so not positive I know an error in settings when I see it.

I'm having a similar problem.

I am running my forum in /forum and cmps in the root as /index.php.

If I go to /index.php the page loads and displays properly, as best I can tell. Nothing in the diagnostic shows any errors.

However, my site error log is filled with this:

[Sun Jan 17 19:58:57 2010] [error] [client 173.20.105.36] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function vba_template_alter() in /home/thecomic/public_html/forum/includes/vba_cmps_include_bottom.php on line 27

Line 27 says:

vba_template_alter('headinclude',

Any ideas?

same problem with me...

Happening to me to on a client's site. When we're logged in to the forum, everything works great.

I'm going to try disabling things until it starts working.

I've uninstalled, maybe best to wait for RC-whatever. fortunately I am still building my site so I had nothing to loose, I just wanted it to work, am not that impressed with the vb cms, it has more bugs than this and it's supposed to be gold.
    I'm sure this product will come in time, it's just not quite time yet, needs aging. Besides, it IS beta

Thank you for pointing this out. It looks like there's a small issue if you do not allow guests to view your forums or CMPS pages. This can be corrected by looking in your Plugin Manager and disabling the 'vBa CMPS - Error Replacements' plugin. Then you will also need to click on the 'vBa CMPS - Include Bottom' plugin and replace the Plugin PHP Code with the following:
    Code:
    if (defined('VBA_PORTAL') AND !$show['permission_error'] AND $vbulletin->options['bbactive']) { require_once(DIR . '/includes/vba_cmps_include_bottom.php'); }
    Last edited by Brian; 01-18-2010 at 05:49 PM.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Thank you for pointing this out. It looks like there's a small issue if you do not allow guests to view your forums or CMPS pages. This can be corrected by looking in your Plugin Manager and disabling the 'vBa CMPS - Error Replacements' plugin. Then you will also need to click on the 'vBa CMPS - Include Bottom' plugin and replace the Plugin PHP Code with the following:
    Code:
    if (defined('VBA_PORTAL') AND !$show['permission_error']) { require_once(DIR . '/includes/vba_cmps_include_bottom.php'); }
    I tried that fix but its still not working for me. I've got all my info on the support ticket i've opened.

Edit:

Now working. I also did the fix located in this thread http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38742 works fine now. Cheers
    Last edited by LouisB; 01-18-2010 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Code:
    if (defined('VBA_PORTAL') AND !$show['permission_error'] AND $vbulletin->options['bbactive']) { require_once(DIR . '/includes/vba_cmps_include_bottom.php'); }
    This works thankyou.

I seem to have this problem also with VBA 4.0.0.
    I could not find a Error Replacements' plugin in my plugin list but did find the Include Bottom and edited the code as described.
    Initially it seemed to do the trick, but if guests try to reply to a thread (they are not allowed to reply to threads) then they get a php error
    PHP Code:
    Fatal errorCall to undefined function vba_template_alter() in /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/modules/onlineusers.php on line 173 
    Is this still the same problem?

Have you made any changes to the CMPS files or do you have any other plugins/hacks installed? There's no reason it should be trying to call the onlineusers.php file if it's just printing a "no permission" message.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Hi Brian, as with most VB installs I do have a few plugins but non that I would imagine inter-fear with VBA, yet what I'll do is disable each of them one by one on my test site and see if any of them have caused this.
    I haven't modified the script for the CMS other than the post above and http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40174.
    I'll post back once I've gone through the plugins

Thread Information