Thread: Style not displaying on integrated pages

Default Style not displaying on integrated pages

I have searched, there are other threads that only partially match my problems.

On a clean installation of vB4.0.1 and vBA 4.0 b1 everything looks good. As soon as I start integrating other pages (normally forum.php, showthread.php and a couple of others) ALL pages integrated lose styling.

This was originally happening on one of my local dev machines. I thought this may be a local error, so I uploaded to one of my remote web boxes (Linux/AMPP) went through the same procedure and ditto, exactly the same results.
    http://www.fairfield-designs.co.uk/cmps_index.php
    Here I have integrated both forum.php and onlineusers.php

That's where I am too. When I Integrate a page, all the items are there, but there is no styling.

As an experiment I tried adding some of the CSS manually (webdevelopers bar in Firefox) and it did start to style the page, but can't work out at what stage the CSS is actually being dropped

Thank you for pointing this out. It looks like some small changes were needed to find any CSS files in an integrated page's content and process them properly. I've just updated the includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php file in the Beta 1 download package here to include a fix for this, so if you will donwload the files again and update that one on your server, that should take care of the issue.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Thank you for pointing this out. It looks like some small changes were needed to find any CSS files in an integrated page's content and process them properly. I've just updated the includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php file in the Beta 1 download package here to include a fix for this, so if you will donwload the files again and update that one on your server, that should take care of the issue.
    Can others confirm that this is working for them. I'm still left without CSS on integrated pages. If it is okay for everyone else, I know I have some other problems. To fix.

And--thanks Brian for the hard work. It's appreciated.

I'm very sorry to report that that made no difference, sorry.
    Just had a thought, would it help if I give you admin to my site?

and just to echo our friend grc, thankyou for the work you put in.

I did some more testing and was still able to reproduce some issues like that with the copy I'm running here. I've made a couple of additional changes to the includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php file in the download package here, so if you'll download the files from here and update that file on your server one more time that *should* take care of the issue. If you do still have the same problems afterward, please feel free to submit a support ticket via the Members' Area here and I'll take a look at things for you.
    CMPS Users Manual

If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Brian, you are a star, thankyou very much, greatly appreciated.

I'm gonna experiment with a full upgrade (locally) to my main site tomorrow, see if that works

One last question, will we be safe to do our experimenting with additional CSS/templating, or may we lose that?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I did some more testing and was still able to reproduce some issues like that with the copy I'm running here. I've made a couple of additional changes to the includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php file in the download package here, so if you'll download the files from here and update that file on your server one more time that *should* take care of the issue. If you do still have the same problems afterward, please feel free to submit a support ticket via the Members' Area here and I'll take a look at things for you.

Yes! It's working now. Thanks so much.

All good except....

1.On the forums.php page it kinda still messes it up
    http://www.brotherhoodofgamers.com/forum.php
    As you can see on that link, the forum titles, the background on some of them the black is missing and instead it's grey, when it's supposed to have black background.

2. On calendar.php it's totally messed up still, I removed integration for it at the moment, but I'm sure if you test it on your site for calendar.php it will be messed up.

Hope you can fix these 2, thanks.

Another bug...

When you add someone as a friend by clicking add friend on someone's profile at www.brotherhoodofgamers.com... the page after you click that is messed up.

1). I see the issue with the forum.php file and I've updated the includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php file in the download package here to include the fix.

2). I didn't see any issues with the calendar or adding friends when it's integrated... If the latest changes to the vba_cmps_include_top.php file don't fix that, would you mind submitting a support ticket so I can take a look at things for you?
    CMPS Users Manual

Well at the moment of this post I do not have time to submit a ticket, maybe later I will.
    Here is the calendar.php page, I enabled the integration so you can view it, although I will disable it for that page after 24 hrs from this post.

http://www.brotherhoodofgamers.com/calendar/

Thread Information