Thread: Integrating search.php

Default Integrating search.php

When I integrate search.php I get a double listing of the Navbar.

Is there a fix for this?

Due to lack of response I'm wondering if the double NavBar, etc. I get when I try to integrate search.php is a local problem. Can anyone at least confirm that it works for you?

do you still got this problem when updating to beta 2?

Quote Originally Posted by testoo View Post
    do you still got this problem when updating to beta 2?
    Good question - it's the same though.

I kind of wonder if anyone else has tried integrating search.php - maybe it's something on my site that's messing it up.

no ive seen someone else using beta 2 having the same problem only in the search section..no where else..
    does this fit to you too?

Quote Originally Posted by testoo View Post
    no ive seen someone else using beta 2 having the same problem only in the search section..no where else..
    does this fit to you too?
    That's the issue I see. Other stock vB pages integrate without repeating the Navbar, etc. as I show in the image I posted.

I've gone back and forth on my forum, but for now I've decided the value of vBa is great enough that I'm putting up with the doubled material and running it integrated on my forum.

I'm sure Brian has bigger fish to fry, so I'm patient about it. Mostly, I just wanted to know if others have the same problem so I wouldn't be patiently waiting for a possible solution to something only I am experiencing.

im sure it depends on the file search.php..
    cause it would make the same "mistake" on any other pages too..but itdoesnt so it must be a vb4 issue

I have integrated search, it works fine on my site

www.cfohrr.com

Quote Originally Posted by JWL View Post
    I have integrated search, it works fine on my site

www.cfohrr.com
    Thanks for the reply. I went to your site to see how it looks, but when I ran a search, I got the same results on your forum that I get on mine.

Are you saying your search looks different than what I got in this screen shot?

Thank you for pointing this out. I've just applied the fix to the includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php file in the Beta 2 download package, so if you will download the files again and update that one on your server, that should take care of the issue.
    Or if you would rather apply the fix manually, just look in your includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php file for this code around line 147:
    PHP Code:
    global $header$headinclude$footer$navbar$spacer_open$spacer_close$gobutton
    And replace with this:
    PHP Code:
    global $header$headinclude$footer$navbar$navbits$spacer_open$spacer_close$gobutton
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Thank you for pointing this out. I've just applied the fix to the includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php file in the Beta 2 download package, so if you will download the files again and update that one on your server, that should take care of the issue.
    Great progress! Thanks so much.

The only place I'm still seeing the doubled NavBar is when I "mark all forums read" and run the search for New Posts again.

Or if you would rather apply the fix manually, just look in your includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php file for this code around line 147:
    PHP Code:
    global $header$headinclude$footer$navbar$spacer_open$spacer_close$gobutton
    And replace with this:
    PHP Code:
    global $header$headinclude$footer$navbar$navbits$spacer_open$spacer_close$gobutton
    Hi,

I've just installed the 4.0.0 beta2 and I'm still afflicted by this issue. I checked the vba_cmps_include_top.php file and your fix is already there, but unfortunately it's still not working correctly. When I click the "What's New" tab, it still shows the double navbar (see attachment).

Is there another way to fix this issue?

Thanks!
    Ezra

I've double checked things locally and on my install here, but I don't seem to be able to reproduce the issue. Would you mind submitting a support ticket via the Members' Area here so I can take a look at things?
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

I've double checked things locally and on my install here, but I don't seem to be able to reproduce the issue. Would you mind submitting a support ticket via the Members' Area here so I can take a look at things?
    Brian, thanks for providing such a high level of support for vBadvanced. However, I've done a site redesign so the double NavBar on new post searches that find no new posts problem is no longer an issue for me. Perhaps Ezswo can submit the trouble ticket.

Thanks again for vBadvanced.

I'm still getting this problem on RC1. http://www.headhunters-guild.co.uk/f...e=vBForum_Post

Quote Originally Posted by caedmon View Post
    I'm still getting this problem on RC1. http://www.headhunters-guild.co.uk/f...e=vBForum_Post
    I'm still having this problem too. I think it gives Brian some headaches, because my support ticket is still in progress. When I have news on this I'll let you know.

By the way, my forum is now running on Vb 4.0.2 and VbA 4.0.0 RC1

Greetings,
    Ezra

For everyone with this same issue. Bryan solved this problem and said this:

"I'm sorry I haven't been able to get to this sooner, but things have been quite busy around here lately with the new vB4 releases. I was finally able to track this down and solve it with a new plugin called 'Globalize $navbar For Integration Replacements'. I've added the plugin to your site and it seems to have resolved the issue there. This fix will of course be included with the next version release as well."

So, in the next version this will not be an issue anymore.

Thanks Bryan for your hard work!

Thread Information