Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a pm from this member

Default Got a pm from this member

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack
    Hello, friend. There are viruses' activities from your computer in last few days. Strongly recommend you to check your computer. You can find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it here: {removed link}
    Thank you. Forum member.

That is the PM above that I got on this site. Can an admin ban him for spam?
    Last edited by KW802; 03-10-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warden-B- View Post
    That is the PM above that I got on this site. Can an admin ban him for spam?
    Yes
    it is spam, spam it is, spam I am

I often get them.
    Just hit the report button on the PM.

Got this one today:

Hey,
    I'm new here, how's it going?

"The most fundamental harm we can do to ourselves is to remain ignorant by not having the courage and the respect to look at ourselves honestly and gently" - Pema Chodron

---
    Serendipity
    {removed link}
    Last edited by KW802; 03-10-2010 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ftanightwizard View Post
    Got this one today:

Hey,

"The most fundamental harm we can do to ourselves is to remain ignorant by not having the courage and the respect to look at ourselves honestly and gently" - Pema Chodron

---
    Serendipity
    {removed link}

Me too, I got this one.............More Spam me thinks

Me too - already reported it.

In fact they're online now, supposedly sending out more PM stuff

Default Wth

Would be nice if idiots like that, dont get through

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity
    Hey,

---
    Serendipity
    {removed link}

Thanks for the heads up. The account has been banned and I've hardned some of the PM restrictions here to hopefully help prevent spammers like this in the future.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

I wanted to report this spammer that did this to me today exactly although I didn't find any report button anywhere in the message on the private message page or anywhere on the page that I was viewing this spam pm on. I deleted the message although I had my settings set up here to not allow anyone that wasn't an administrator of this site contact me in any way although I note now that most of my original privacy settings have been reset and reset to enabled (ie anyone can send me a pm and the site will then email me a copy of this pm whereas previously I had the site to not send me any notifications about pm's and only allow administrators to email me from this website). What changed with the update to 4.0 that wiped out privacy settings here?

Nothing has been changed here that would have altered your privacy settings.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

And speaking of spam, Dersterman has been on here all day PMing his butt off. I reported it this morning but he's still here as I type. C'mon guys, I'd prefer not to receive lying, spamming email from systems I'm registered on when my little hobby system is maintained so meticulously. How can this go on this long and so often?

Hello, is anybody here? Mods?? Admin???

You gotta' be kidding me, all freaking day without notice or interruption???

Quote Originally Posted by BucShot View Post
    And speaking of spam, Dersterman has been on here all day PMing his butt off. I reported it this morning but he's still here as I type. C'mon guys, I'd prefer not to receive lying, spamming email from systems I'm registered on when my little hobby system is maintained so meticulously. How can this go on this long and so often?

Hello, is anybody here? Mods?? Admin???

You gotta' be kidding me, all freaking day without notice or interruption???
    Destermann,Razzorman and many others are not people, they are spam bots, there is a new bot hitting vB3 and IPB2+ that is getting past permissions and captcha's/questions etc.

One forum I use which has active registration/spam prevention mods has been hit continually for the last 2 weeks, there are 5 active staff and they cannot keep up with the problem.

What you are looking at is possibly a new version of "xrumer" which is designed to walk around spam prevention measures.

Funny it's known for HOURS and no one is caring ?
    Is vBA really ignoring their customers that much?
    I am really shocked... On my Communities guys like http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/member.php?u=120481 don't live longer than 10 minutes, in 99% of all cases they don't even can finish to register.

But that happens when you don't update VB...
    I only say "XR"...
    I give it about 10 days, then the masterserver knows this domain and you get about 500 - 5000 Bots. Happy Birthday

I am really shocked... On my Communities guys like http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/member.php?u=120481 don't live longer than 10 minutes, in 99% of all cases they don't even can finish to register.
    My point exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by BucShot View Post
    My point exactly...
    Why don't you set your PM settings to "contacts and moderators"?

There is also the Profile Privacy settings which restrict who can see your details.

Quote Originally Posted by Exportforce View Post

But that happens when you don't update VB...
    I only say "XR"...
    I give it about 10 days, then the masterserver knows this domain and you get about 500 - 5000 Bots. Happy Birthday

Brian can't win can he...........

Like most people he has a full time job and family matters to attend to,he has to sleep sometime and he is being continually hounded to rewrite 3 products for vB4.

His time is already stretched,give the guy a break.

It's a little more complicated than that. My wife was on the computer when that email came in. She thought she had infected the machine with a virus and stressed all afternoon.

Some of you guys/gals are getting just a little bit over dramatic.

Yes, there are some spam bots getting through. As Brian explained already, there are reasons as to why he is not blindly installing some of the suggested hacks/add-ons. No, the hacks/add-ons will not be blindly installed until they have thoroughly reviewed & tested. Yes, there are vBa staff members who come in at various times of the day to take care of the *reported* spam. As we keep asking, use the "Report Spam" button while viewing the PM/post so that somebody gets a vB alert about it instead of relying upon us to happen to catch a thread about it. No, we are not online 24 hours a day nor are we sitting there all day hitting F5 in the forums.

Look out for garbage from "Humannic", joined today and immediately went to and spent hours on Private Messaging.

Quote Originally Posted by CareyCrew View Post
    Look out for garbage from "Humannic", joined today and immediately went to and spent hours on Private Messaging.
    User has been banned. I can't delete PMs so any PMs that have already been sent will need to be deleted by Brian or Zachery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information