Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 92

Thread: [Module] [4.0.x] Upcoming Events - Standalone version

  1. #21

    Default

    Are you running the forum in a CMPS wrapper? If so then the quick way to deal with this is to rename the function and reference in the upcomingevents.php to avoid the name collision.
    Tom Morris
    Porsche Boxster discussion forum.
    Today's Conservative discussion forum.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Penzance Cornwall
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Sorry just popped out to the post office. Yep that did the trick thanks. I renamed:
    Code:
    function groupbyevent($a, $b)
    to
    Code:
    function groupbyevent1($a, $b)
    and renamed the reference from:
    Code:
    uasort($events, 'groupbyevent');
    to
    Code:
    uasort($events, 'groupbyevent1');
    worked a treat thanks

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joerns View Post
    Hi - created new Calendar, added events and can see the events in the Calendar view, but the module on the CMPS home page tells me "There are no events scheduled within the next 60 days." I checked permissions, etc. as per this thread.

    Where else could/should I look?

    Thanks!
    Getting the same thing. www.gospelmusicforums.com I've tried logging out and looking as a guest, logging in as a regular memeber, and as Admin. All have the same effect.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdelcour2000 View Post
    Getting the same thing. www.gospelmusicforums.com I've tried logging out and looking as a guest, logging in as a regular memeber, and as Admin. All have the same effect.
    About all it can be is the calendar that is selected. Have you tried the Simple calendar? Are you sure you checked all of the places permissions are set?

    BTW - As a guest I don't see any events listed on the FORUMHOME page. I also don't see any events listed in the default calendar. Both of those explain why, at least for guests, nothing shows up in the module.
    Tom Morris
    Porsche Boxster discussion forum.
    Today's Conservative discussion forum.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    About all it can be is the calendar that is selected. Have you tried the Simple calendar? Are you sure you checked all of the places permissions are set?

    BTW - As a guest I don't see any events listed on the FORUMHOME page. I also don't see any events listed in the default calendar. Both of those explain why, at least for guests, nothing shows up in the module.
    Yeah there were events there. I finally got holidays to show up, but still can't get the events to show up....
    Last edited by mdelcour2000; 07-01-2010 at 12:32 PM.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdelcour2000 View Post
    Yeah there were events there. I finally got holidays to show up, but still can't get the events to show up....
    I see the Holiday but no events are listed. At least not as a guest.
    Tom Morris
    Porsche Boxster discussion forum.
    Today's Conservative discussion forum.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    I see the Holiday but no events are listed. At least not as a guest.
    Sorry they are there. I had turned them off for a moment in permissions, but they are back now, but not showing up on the CMPS page.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdelcour2000 View Post
    Sorry they are there. I had turned them off for a moment in permissions, but they are back now, but not showing up on the CMPS page.
    Have you also tried using the "Simple" calendar to see if the events display?

    I'll be happy to look around if you like to see if I can spot anything. If you decide you'd like the assistance drop me a PM with the login info.
    Tom Morris
    Porsche Boxster discussion forum.
    Today's Conservative discussion forum.

  9. #29

    Default

    WOO HOO! Finally got it to work! Thanks for the help.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdelcour2000 View Post
    WOO HOO! Finally got it to work! Thanks for the help.
    That's great! Would you mind posting what was needed so others can benefit?
    Tom Morris
    Porsche Boxster discussion forum.
    Today's Conservative discussion forum.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I'm getting the following error when trying to upload, any ideas

    Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]\admincp\vba_cmps_admin.php on line 4021

  12. #32

    Default

    This error isn't specific to the module but to how it's being loaded. Please check to make sure you are following all of the steps listed in the first post regarding the installation. Make sure you are installing it as an XML file and not a .module file.

    Installation:

    1. Download the attached xml file
    2. Navigate to ACP -> vBa CMPS -> Download/Upload Module
    3. Under Main Options select the xml file just downloaded
    4. Set the Active status and the Style where the templates should be loaded
    5. Set the usergroup permissions
    6. Click Submit
    7. Navigate to the newly installed module and set the configuration options
    Tom Morris
    Porsche Boxster discussion forum.
    Today's Conservative discussion forum.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2

    Default

    doing the above, still getting the error, any other tips as you where to find the solution to this problem, understand its not a module error but any help would be welcome

  14. #34

    Default

    The only suggestion I can give is to disable any other modules you have loaded to see if that helps. If this is a new install you might try reinstalling to see if that fixes it, otherwise I'd suggest you post this in the troubleshooting section.
    Tom Morris
    Porsche Boxster discussion forum.
    Today's Conservative discussion forum.

  15. #35

    Default

    Good job Tom, Thanks.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Is there a way to limit the amount of text that is shown in the events?

  17. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Is there a way to limit the amount of text that is shown in the events?
    As supplied, no. However it wouldn't be too difficult to modify the code to limit the number of characters being displayed. I would suggest looking at the news module to see how it's done there and then add similar code to this module.
    Tom Morris
    Porsche Boxster discussion forum.
    Today's Conservative discussion forum.

  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    The module itself doesn't do any processing for BB codes or any of the other options. What will be needed is to add the BB code processing to the Data modification section in the module settings.

    Basically, you just need to locate where the BB code conversion happens in any of the vb php files and copy that into the data section. As a start it would look a bit like this but with all the options needing to be specified and a call to the correct function made.

    $rss_item['DESCRIPTION'] = BBCODEPARSER($rss_item['DESCRIPTION']);

    If you need someone else to do it for you can send me a PM and I'll quote a price.
    Can someone post how to do this please as I had to turn off description because of this issue and dont know where and how to fix it..THanks

  19. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfhidden View Post
    Sorry just popped out to the post office. Yep that did the trick thanks. I renamed:
    Code:
    function groupbyevent($a, $b)
    to
    Code:
    function groupbyevent1($a, $b)
    and renamed the reference from:
    Code:
    uasort($events, 'groupbyevent');
    to
    Code:
    uasort($events, 'groupbyevent1');
    worked a treat thanks
    Once I enabled this module on my forum sidebar I got the dreaded Page not found!!!

    Many thanks for this as this fixed the issue!!! Big Help!

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bada_bing View Post
    Can someone post how to do this please as I had to turn off description because of this issue and dont know where and how to fix it..THanks
    Anyone?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Module] Upcoming Events - Standalone Version
    By Tom M in forum Add-On Modules (version 3.x & 2.x)
    Replies: 382
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 03:52 PM
  2. [Module] [3.8.1] Upcoming Events - Standalone version
    By Tom M in forum Add-On Modules (version 3.x & 2.x)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 11:12 PM
  3. [Module] Upcoming Events - Modified Version + Custom Eventfields
    By academyofsocialarts in forum Add-On Modules (version 3.x & 2.x)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 09:44 PM
  4. [Module] Upcoming Events - Standalone Version
    By Tom M in forum Add-On Modules (version 3.x & 2.x)
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 06:45 PM
  5. REQ: Upcoming events module
    By MotoUp in forum Module & Modification Discussion & Requests
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-06-2005, 10:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •