Thread: errors on vBa Links Directory v4.0 Beta 1 after upgrade vBulletin 4.2

Default errors on vBa Links Directory v4.0 Beta 1 after upgrade vBulletin 4.2

Brian

we have error css in vBa Links Directory v4.0 Beta 1 after upgrade for vBulletin version 4.2

and the translation of words it does not work from the vBulletin Control Panel

you can see
    http://www.links.se-te.com/

css not working

add link

please fix these problem on beta 2

and add seo on vBa Links Directory v4 Released!

i.s.s.w

It'd be nice to get a fix or at least an aknowlegement of the problem. The product is unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by waus View Post
    It'd be nice to get a fix or at least an aknowlegement of the problem. The product is unusable.

Perhaps you should take some time reading the forum first?

The vBulletin update to v4.0.2 (as predicted months ago) has changed the handling of CSS which is what has caused the isues in most addon products and skins.

vBa CMPS and Links are In BETA stages and Brian has already made it plain he is working on updates to address the errors caused by the changes vBulletin introduced.

Brian needs to hurry the hell up

And no, I don't read the entire forum before upgrading, but if I had, apparently it wasn't known that it would happen when the file was made available to me through my member area. My bad. Just saying hurry. I pays my money and product don't work, and a little pressure never hurt anyone.

And no, I don't read the entire forum before upgrading, but if I had, apparently it wasn't known that it would happen when the file was made available to me through my member area. My bad. Just saying hurry. I pays my money and product don't work, and a little pressure never hurt anyone.
    Good product vBadvanced
    and good support
    Only needs a little time and all products upgrade are safe and easy to use vBadvanced
    Try the product development of your response

but small amount you get the product

i.s.s.w

vBa Links Directory v4.0 Beta 1 Now Available!

vBadvanced Links Directory v4.0.0 Beta 1 for vBulletin v4.0 has been released and is now available in the Members' Area here for current license holders. This is a BETA release, so if you are not fully comfortable with backing up and restoring your forums database, we recommend waiting until vBadvanced Links Directory 4.0.0 RC1 is released before you upgrade. Although there are no known issues at this time, Beta 1 has only been tested on a few sites and therefore is not recommended for production sites yet.

Important Notes:
    This is beta software! Before upgrading, be sure to backup your database so you can revert to your backup if there are problems.
    It is *highly* recommended that you upgrade a test site using a recent backup of the database for your live site before upgrading your live site.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...r-wait-article

by Joe Rosenblum
    Published on Mon 21st Dec '09 4:29pm

3. Are you planning on doing a major new design or design upgrade for your 4.0 forum? There are some minor changes to the organization and conventions in the CSS style sheets in the 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 releases (the weeks of January 4 - 8 and January 18 - 22, respectively) that may affect any designs you do today. Bear in mind that this is a brand new major version release of the product and we're still assimilating feedback on what's best for our designers and skinners.
    Last edited by CareyCrew; 02-22-2010 at 04:27 AM.

Hey, guys/gals, let's all just take a deep breath for a minute....

Yes, vB 4.0.2 point release broke the CSS of the vBa Links *beta* release. It is being looked at.

The reason why it's not working is that in the 'headinclude' template there is a reference to the stylesheets via the 'vbcsspath' variable. In vBa Links in the file /includes/vba_links_plugin_pt.php there is code to fully qualify the path of the stylesheets by updating the vbcsspath variable to be prefixed with your vB BB URL. As of 4.0.2 that method of updating the path is no longer working like it did with 4.0.1 & the earlier releases. If you go to your vBa Links directory and look for "css.php" you're going to find a few different references to it and one of them is not fully qualified; that is the problem you're experiencing.

As soon as a fix is available it will be posted.

Anyone who want to fix this immediately - move a copy of the entire clientscript directory in the root of the forum over to ./links/clientscript/.

Overkill sloppy since only a couple files are needed, but easy nonetheless. Replace the folder when vbadvanced updates.

Works just as a charm would work - http://www.wauseon.com/links/
    Last edited by waus; 02-22-2010 at 09:23 AM.

it doesn't work for me, still the same

Anyone who want to fix this immediately - move a copy of the entire clientscript directory in the root of the forum over to ./links/clientscript/.

Overkill sloppy since only a couple files are needed, but easy nonetheless. Replace the folder when vbadvanced updates.

Works just as a charm would work - http://www.wauseon.com/links/
    how can fixed css ?

i am cope clientscript directory in the root of the forum over to ./links/clientscript/.

not working look

i.s.s.w

Quote Originally Posted by dtommy79 View Post
    it doesn't work for me, still the same
    Quote Originally Posted by i.s.s.w View Post
    how can fixed css ?

i am cope clientscript directory in the root of the forum over to ./links/clientscript/.

not working look

Copying the /clientscript only works if you are using the option to save your CSS as files.

Guys/Gals, Brian has confirmed the issue and an update is forthcoming....

http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/show...97&postcount=4

[ Moving to Beta 1 Bugs & Issues ]

Confirmed fixed in vBa Links 4.0.0 Beta 2

http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39457

Thread Information