Thread: Prev/Next Links causes Fatal Error & Cannot Open Closed Link

Exclamation Prev/Next Links causes Fatal Error & Cannot Open Closed Link

I get this on the showlink.php the "Reply to Link" seems to be misaligned.. everything else is fine.

Here is full url so you can see here http://www.beta-tester.co.uk/iphone/...p?l=23&catid=7 or this one as I just switched to seo urls http://www.beta-tester.co.uk/iphone/...g--3gs-cas-23/

Could not post this is bug section I get a no permission message?

another bug, when I click next or previous link at the bottom I get this

Fatal error: Call to a member function query_read() on a non-object in /websites/*******/******/beta-tester.co.uk/public_html/iphone/includes/vba_links_plugin_sf.php on line 297
    Last edited by Spikeman; 02-27-2010 at 06:10 AM.
    Regards
    Gareth

What browser are you using?

I have looked using Opera and Firefox and there is no alignment issue, however clicking the "Reply Link" button results in this :

Warning: require_once([path]/includes/functions_regimage.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/vba_links_functions.php on line 914

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/websites/LinuxPackage02/be/ta/_t/beta-tester.co.uk/public_html/iphone/includes/functions_regimage.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /websites/LinuxPackage02/be/ta/_t/beta-tester.co.uk/public_html/iphone/includes/vba_links_functions.php on line 914
    Looks like some files did not get uploaded correctly.

You won't get posting access to the "Bugs " section, Brian moves reported faults there manually when he has confirmed/replicated a bug.
    Last edited by CareyCrew; 01-14-2011 at 02:31 AM.

I am using safari on mac, your are right I checked with firefox and all is ok hopefully someone has an answer?

I have uploaded all files again and confirmed they are present, so dont know about that error

You won't get posting access to the "Bugs " section, Brian moves reported faults there manually when he has confirmed/replicated a bug.
    That makes sense
    Regards
    Gareth

Further to these two errors, I closed the link to see if this would have any bearing on the style and misalignment in safari, however I got the same results! I then tried to open the link again but it will not open, it still shows the closed link button in both safari and firefox.
    Regards
    Gareth

I checked the page in IE and FF, but I'm not seeing any alignment issues. I'll have to see if I can use my girlfriend's Mac in a bit.

For the error when clicking the previous/next links, I've just updated the forum/includes/vba_links_plugin_sf.php file in the download package here to include the fix. If you will download the files again and update that one on your server, that should take care of the issue.

As for opening the link back, if you click on the 'Admin Options' menu near the top-right of the page then you should see the option to re-open the link.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Exclamation Cannot Open Closed Link

Thanks for the fix to the next & previous links.

With reference to opening the link again, I have tried to open it using the admin link but it shows as closed despite repeated attempts.

As for the misalignment issue I am at a loss.
    Regards
    Gareth

Ahhh, it looks like a <if> tag got removed somehow and that's why you're not able to re-open the link. If you'll look in your ADV_LINKS_SHOWLINK template for this code:
    Code:
    value="closelink"
    And replace it with this:
    Code:
    value="<vb:if condition="$link['open']">closelink<vb:else />openlink</vb:if>"
    Then that should take care of the issue.
    CMPS Users Manual

If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

I can find 2 references to value="closelink"

Code:
    <label for="closelink"><input id="closelink" name="do" type="radio" value="closelink" /> <vb:if condition="$link['open']">{vb:rawphrase close_x, link}<vb:else />{vb:rawphrase open_x, link}</vb:if></label>
    Code:
    <option value="closelink"><vb:if condition="$link['open']">{vb:rawphrase close_x, link}<vb:else />{vb:rawphrase open_x, link}</vb:if></option>
    they both look to be coded correctly, or am I missing something?
    Regards
    Gareth

The first one should be the only one that needs to be changed.
    CMPS Users Manual

Thread Information