Thread: Problem with navbar links while in LinksDirectory

Default Problem with navbar links while in LinksDirectory

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the links in my Navbar adding /links/ into menu items from the Links Directory page. The link to the front page is ok - i changed the url to the full path to the content.php in my main forum settings. It's the links to my vBGarage and Classifieds that are adding the /links to the Navbar links - there aren't any settings to change these in those applications.

This only happens from the Links Directory page. Here's a link if it helps - have a look Oz Toyota Links

rotor
    Last edited by rotor; 03-02-2010 at 05:22 AM.

Have you tried the suggestions from our FAQ?
    http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/faq...._trouble_links
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Yes the URL's to the forum are all as the FAQ suggested and the home page link is fine. After the first install on 4 I changed it.

I even tried adding the two php files for the addons into the vBadvanced Global Options in the vain hope that it might work, but it didn't. Both buttons still have /links/ in their url and cannot find the page when in the links directory.

This happens on both my sites.

The other solution would be to disable the tabs to Classifieds and vBGarage and use a Tab addon - only I don't have the ability to disable the menu items that both add on installation.

rotor
    Last edited by rotor; 03-02-2010 at 08:32 PM.

If adding those links in your Navbar Replacements setting isn't helping, then the only other thing I can suggest would be to find where those links are being generated (likely either a template or a plugin) and change them so they're pointing to the full URL to the each file.
    CMPS Users Manual

If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Same problem here. I've resorted to using the Tab addon for now...

Also all images point to /links/images/ instead of the current style thats being used.

This is the same thing I posted, just a few days ago and got the same round about responses.

Brian, you're not making this easy. All of my plugins are appropriately installed, additional mods such as the PhotoPost mods are professionally installed.

I install "Links" and the Some of the Menu buttons don't work right, including the vB "HOME" button.

Easy to say it's someone else's problem, right?

Obviously we all love the this MOD and we want it to work, but please don't divert us in a loop.

===========================
    Addition:

I just went through some of the other post in this category... HECK!!! there are lot's of post with the same issue, they may say it differently but, it's the same issue. So Brian, PLEASE take this seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by molieman View Post
    This is the same thing I posted, just a few days ago and got the same round about responses.

Brian, you're not making this easy. All of my plugins are appropriately installed, additional mods such as the PhotoPost mods are professionally installed.

I install "Links" and the Some of the Menu buttons don't work right, including the vB "HOME" button.

Easy to say it's someone else's problem, right?

Obviously we all love the this MOD and we want it to work, but please don't divert us in a loop.

===========================
    Addition:

I just went through some of the other post in this category... HECK!!! there are lot's of post with the same issue, they may say it differently but, it's the same issue. So Brian, PLEASE take this seriously.
    Yes please!

I have the same problem with the HOME button when in Links! It got so bad with me trying to fix it that I eventually corrupted by Vb installation and had to start all over again!

My forum home is xxx.com/content.php and it insists it is xxx.com/links/content.php
    HOW DO WE FIX THIS?
    Nutty Grandad

I don't think anyone is angry with you Brian, we know what you're going through with making all of your ad-ons compatible with vB4. And we all understand this is a Beta Version, but give us some feedback, let us know if you recognize this as a problem?

Just some feedback would be appreciated. Please?

Matt Olieman
    MyCockpit.org

Would one of you guys that's having an issue with this mind submitting a support ticket via the Members' Area here so I can take a look at things? I *think* I see a better way to handle the navbar replacements, but I'd like to verify that it works with at least most (if not all) other plugins/products.
    CMPS Users Manual

Will do Brian as soon as I get a moment

What is does is this:
    The "HOME" tab defaults to xxx.com/links/content.php which does not exist no matter how you set up your links in the AdminCP.
    Then, it corrupts the image files paths to the BB editor and in the CMS, it corrupts the image file path to the "pen" that you click on to edit an article.

I managed to fix this by changing xxx.com/images to ../images in the stylevars.
    My temporary "fix" for the home button was to copy the forum content.php file and paste it into the "links" folder.
    Nutty Grandad

Same here, glad to do a ticket, but you only need one

RE: Chuckrobbie fix, that's OK for the HOME button, but in my case it affects other buttons.

Matt Olieman
    MyCockpit.org

Say Molieman

Will you do the ticket then please as you have more issues with it than me
    Nutty Grandad

Glad to.

Matt Olieman
    MyCockpit.org

Hi Brian , please do it faster , we are waiting for you !

This is how I fixed it until Brian gets around to doing it...

http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39601

The only 'plug in' that I had was VB itself! This is a problem with VBA links!

Brian, please...this is a problem that many members are complaining about and I really think it needs attention!
    Nutty Grandad

The latest 4.0.0 RC1 (available for download) seems to have the problem fixed ....

Thanks Brian
    Last edited by rotor; 03-19-2010 at 05:28 AM.
    I don't suffer from insanity ....... I enjoy every minute of it

Thanks Brian
    Nutty Grandad

I've just done the latest update and still had issues with the Home button resulting in "page not found" error, So i simply entered content.php as instructed in the FAQ's, all sorted now

Just for the record, to assist anyone else encountering this issue, Brian provided the solution previously/elsewhere;

Provided you are working with vbLinks Links Directory v4.0.0 RC1 go to:

AdminCP > vBLinks > vBadvanced Global Options > Navbar Replacements

Add: 'content.php' [without inverted commas]

Save > close.

Did it for me.

Thanks Brian [and all who participated in this thread]

Thread Information