Thread: Call to Undefined Function print_portal_output() When Forums Are Closed

Default Call to Undefined Function print_portal_output() When Forums Are Closed

I have integrated vbadvance in my homepage but I have problem opening it. Funny thing is that I can open it normaly in chrome but in FF, opera and IE8 I get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function print_portal_output() in [path]/includes/functions.php(6851) : eval()'d code on line 9

Code:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function print_portal_output() in [path]/includes/functions.php(6851) : eval()'d code on line 9
    I get the very same error when I'm logged out, and attempting to access my home page. When I'm logged in, I do not get that error.

I recently set up a Test forum to test upgrading vB 3.8.4 to vB 4.0.4. I'm stuck on a couple of seemingly minor vBadvanced issues: 1. The above error, and 2. An alignment issue (I posted about it here).

I'm contemplating running my site w/out vBadvanced CMPS.

You are right. I just log in from different page and I can open homepage.
    So problem is opening for guests.
    Hope some support will come soon, I am also doing it on test site and planing to upgrade as soon as I remove all issues.

Ok, I found something. I am geting this error only if the forum is closed. If I open forum it is working fine.

Yes, so on the surface it appears to be just a little annoyance for the webmaster. However, I wonder if it is a symptom of a more serious issue which affects more than what we see at this moment.

Well it is not "little annoyance" as you said. When you are doing some maintenance which need forum closing, your users and guest will see this error. You will not send them message and the reason of closing, they will think that site is down.

That's t rue. However, disabling VBadvanced CMPS (in Plugin Manager) before closing your forum should prevent you from getting the error.

True, so when we start upgading, last thing we should do is to install VBadvanced CMPS.
    But anyhow, as you said maybe this symptom is more serious issue which affects more than what we see at this moment.
    It has to be fixed.

There shouldn't be any reason guests would get that error if the forums are closed. Do you guys have any other plugins/hacks installed? And what version of the CMPS are you running?
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

I have almost fresh installed VB4.0.4 with only few plugins. Just removed them all and problem is still there.
    I am running CMPS 4.0.1

I'm not sure what the problem might be, but if you would like to submit a support ticket via the Members' Area here I'll be gald to take a look at things for you.
    CMPS Users Manual

If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Just open it, thanks.

Brian, it crossed my mind that the issue(s) may be related to one common thing that Zems and I share, and that is that we both run a test forum.

In my case my test forum was set up by first cloning my existing vB 3.8.4 into example.com/test/ folder. Then I upgraded to vB 4.0.4 PL1, and then I upgraded to the newest vBadvanced (about three days ago).

Perhaps I (or both of us) overlooked some config setting somewhere. Perhaps if we did the same upgrade to our live sites we wouldn't experience this issue.

Please, do share your findings here in the forum, too. Thanks.

I had problems after upgrade so I decide to uninstall and to make new, fresh install.

It looks like there is a small issue that can occur with integrated pages if the forum is turned off. For anyone who's experiencing this issue, you should be able to correct it by going to Admin CP => Plugins & Products => Plugin Manager, edit the 'Integration Output' plugin, and replace the 'Plugin PHP Code' with the following:
    PHP Code:
    if (defined('VBA_PORTAL') AND THIS_SCRIPT != 'adv_index' AND !defined('SKIP_OUTPUT') AND !defined('NOPMPOPUP') AND function_exists('print_portal_output'))
    {
        if (
    THIS_SCRIPT == 'showthread')
        {
            global 
    $thread$pagetitle;

$pagetitle $thread['prefix_plain_html'] . ' ' $thread['title'];
        }

$output print_portal_output($home$vartexttrue);

CMPS Users Manual

Nevermind, this was not caused by this plugin but by DownloadsII vBSEO addon. Thanks!
    Last edited by John; 07-22-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Weird just had this issue. This fixed it right up!

Thanks!

This issue also occurs, when you have to change your password ("Your password is X days old, and has therefore expired.").

Thread Information