Thread: Various Bugs Discovered

Exclamation Various Bugs Discovered

Just wanted to make the vBa team aware of these bugs. I posted a previous topic that was removed, probably because of my outspoken dislike for the software, but these bugs are being posted not to discourage users from purchasing, but to make developers aware if they are not already. I would appreciate a response to let people know these bugs are going to be fixed:

• I'm unable to apply a rating to entries. For some reason I select the star, hit apply but nothing happens. When I refresh the rating has been applied, but there is no star rating displayed in the entry.
    • In the reply postbit links to messengers for AIM, etc are displaying very wrong. It looks like the full path is being included in the absolute path and making the link go to a 404 error page.
    • I am not able to delete any replies to entries. If I check it off the moderation number remains 0 and I am unable to delete as it will tell me that no reply is selected.
    • When browsing categories the rating of the entry is not displayed. I have enabled the option but it is blank.

Thanks!
    Last edited by John; 07-26-2010 at 04:12 PM.

Thank you for pointing out the ratings issue. It looks like there's still some vB3 based code there that needs updating... I'm not sure if that was just overlooked or if those changes were lost at some point, but we should have an update released within the next few days to correct things.

I'm not able to reproduce some of the other errors locally, so would you mind submitting a support ticket via the Members' Area here so I can have a look at things and see what's going on?

Also, please post your suggestions in the Feedback & Suggestions forum. I always browse through there when trying to find ideas for new features, so that's the best place for them to be seen.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Thank you for pointing out the ratings issue. It looks like there's still some vB3 based code there that needs updating... I'm not sure if that was just overlooked or if those changes were lost at some point, but we should have an update released within the next few days to correct things.

I'm not able to reproduce some of the other errors locally, so would you mind submitting a support ticket via the Members' Area here so I can have a look at things and see what's going on?

Also, please post your suggestions in the Feedback & Suggestions forum. I always browse through there when trying to find ideas for new features, so that's the best place for them to be seen.
    Will do Brian once I get off work, thank you. Also, I discovered another bug you can replicate here:

http://www.fpsdev.com/tutorials/index.php

The last post button that you should take you to the latest reply does not work. It refreshes the main installation page.
    Last edited by John; 07-26-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Thread Information