Thread: VBA intergration problem -wish-I don't know anymore

Default VBA intergration problem -wish-I don't know anymore

I give up. I had to remove integration of vba cmps in my forum because it causes problems with my mobile style. I read and tried the different fixes here in this forum, but nothing seems to work. I really wish that vba cmps had an option to show different pages in different styles and turn off pages for styles that don't need them. It would certainly increase the use of the product. Back to the drawing board for me...

[QUOTE=1kether1;191076] I really wish that vba cmps had an option to show different pages in different styles [QUOTE]

That option has been there in ages.

[QUOTE=HenrikHansen;191094][QUOTE=1kether1;191076] I really wish that vba cmps had an option to show different pages in different styles

That option has been there in ages.
    I don't understand. Is this option in VBA? What is it called? I have been reading these forums and trying all the suggestions to do this. I can't believe it is there somewhere? Please, a screen shot or a location??

thanks,
    K

when iinstalled it I installed it on my default and mobile theme and it worked great, on mobile now but when I get back I will see how I set it up

when you install, install it on all themes(templates) and I didnt have an issue and mines heavily modified

Quote Originally Posted by 1kether1 View Post
    I really wish that vba cmps had an option to show different pages in different styles
    Admin CP => vBa CMPS => Edit Pages => {select page} => Custom Style For This Page

You could keep the CMPS blocks from showing up in your mobile style by adding a new plugin to the 'style_fetch' location with code that looks something like this:
    PHP Code:
    if ($styleid == X)
    {
    define('SKIP_OUTPUT'true);

(replace X on the first line with the styleid of your mobile style)
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Thanks Brian, I will give this a try.

Thanks Bryan!

As a suggestion, can you consider making this an option in vBAdvanced in the future? Specifically, just an option to disable vBAdvances CMS when a mobile devise is detected by vBulletin and the mobile style is chosen? You could then use the value of that setting in the plugin.

Perhaps there is other ways to do this too but so many people use smart phones, tablets, etc that we can't ignore them and with the integration on I was getting white pages before this pluggin was added (current vBulletin 4.2 Publishing Suite)
    Last edited by Quarterbore; 06-12-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Default vBAdvanced+Mobile=BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterbore View Post
    Thanks Bryan!

As a suggestion, can you consider making this an option in vBAdvanced in the future? Specifically, just an option to disable vBAdvances CMS when a mobile devise is detected by vBulletin and the mobile style is chosen? You could then use the value of that setting in the plugin.
    Excellent Idea... any mods for this? Having the same issue. Really trying to avoid manually hacking the templates!

Thanks,
    Don

Thread Information