Thread: Can't Select Category Attachment

Default Can't Select Category Attachment

The biggest bug bare that I and my users have is the having to set an attachment as a "Category Image". If a user doesn't upload any attachments when the entry is created but adds them late, they have to remember to set one as a Category Image to get it to show up in the Browse Category page rather then it just defaults to the first one.

Now with vb4.0.4 and Dynamics 2.1 users can't even select an image as a Category Image:
    Attachment 5967

Note as shown in the above attachment there isn't any option to select one (using Firefox 3.6 and IE 8).

In fact the only way to show one in the browse category is for me to go into admincp and update them using Maintenance.

The other issue is if a user places an attachment inline it doesn't show up. So I have to again go into Maintenance and rebuild the cache. It then shows up but only the name line "Attachment 1234", not the image and when you click it to see an image of colorful mushrooms.
    Last edited by ibaker; 07-31-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Thank you for pointing out the issue with category images. I've updated the v2.0.1 download package here to include the fix, so you can correct the issue by downloading the files from here again and uploading the dynamics/newattachment.php file and forum/admincp folder to your server. Then go to the admincp/vbadyna_install.php file in your browser, select the option to reinstall the templates, and that should take care of things.
    I tried to reproduce the issue you described with using the [attach] tag, but didn't have any issues with that. Could you please let me know if that's sitll an issue after applying the fix for category images?
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Sorry Brian doesn't work

I did what you said and then went into an existing entry in one of the Dynamics secondary instances (I updated the templates for each instance), opened the entry to edit, open the attachment manager and there still isn't any way to set one of the attachments as the category image...it shows the same as the attachment in the first post of this thread

Well, it would have if the updated dynamics/newattachment.php file had been uploaded to the download package here. I took a look at things on your site since I still had your last support ticket open and saw that file still contained the old code. I went to double-check the file here and it had the old code as well, so I must have forgotten to upload that one. I went ahead and uploaded the file to all of the instances on your site while I was there (and of course updated the download package here), so you should be set now.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Thanks Brian but sorry to be a pain...If I go into an existing entry that has for example 4 attachments it is showing attachment No4 as the Category Image so I select for example attachment No 2 and then click the button, it refreshes the attachment window still showing No4 as the selected category image not No2 and the Browsecategory naturally hasn't changed either

Thread Information