Thread: To anyone getting started with vBAdvanced...

Default To anyone getting started with vBAdvanced...

If you have little knowledge or familiarity with coding or vBulletin coding, then you might like the basic vBAdvanced functionality that is available to you immediately after installing the software. However, if you spend some time to learn about coding and how you can exploit the power of vBAdvanced, then you will love it.

I first stumbled across vBAdvanced several years ago, but I didn't actually signup or download the software even though it was free. In fact, it looked like a simple home page solution without the sort of functionality that I preferred. Plus, a number of other sites that sold similar add-on products for vBulletin looked more appealing.

I started to study various other vBulletin sites and found that they had been using vBAdvanced in ways I didn't even know was possible so I immediately downloaded and started tinkering. Tinkering is the keyword here and I strongly recommend that you tinker. If you can imagine how you would like your home page to look, then I would bet you that it can be done with vBAdvanced 99% of the time.

A slow learning curve and a several hundreds of hours later, I have installed vBAdvanced on a dozen different sites for myself and different clients. My most recent project was Make Money Online for Dummies where the client's goal was to develop a vBAdvanced page that functioned like that Mashable.com. Unfortunately, it took much longer than I thought it would, 24+ hours of experimenting and tinking between vBulletin and vBAdvanced to get everything just right, but it was worth it in the end.

My point is to motivate you to explore beyond your comfort level as you seek to build your dream website because I did it and I have no formal coding experience and I rely a lot on Google to answer my questions or the vBulletin/vBAdvanced communities when I stumble into a wall.

Did you consider using Wordpress and integrating it with VBulletin? Wondering what the advantages of vBAdvanced over that combination?

vBAdvanced can you give you far greater control over how your content is presented than WordPress if you know how to manipulate vBulletin code.

Thanks. Can you provide an example of something you did on your site that would have been difficult or impossible in Wordpress?

I am just starting to do some work with wordpress and its a pretty steep learning curve too. I guess that is a little more high level but it all depends on your application.

Thread Information