Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: xenForo version

Quote Originally Posted by bobster65 View Post
    That can all be done within xF. There isn't anything in the core code preventing that from being accomplished. If you are waiting on xF to have a Portal/CMS type functionality built into the core administration system, you'll be waiting a long time and I highly doubt that it will contain every wanted feature that you "need/want". However, creating your own addon to do this is not that difficult and you'd be better off in the long run anyway as it would be built to your exact specifications.
    I don't expect XenForo to make one for a long time. That is why I was wondering of vBAdvanced was working on this.

There are some people making portals and such for XenForo but none of them yet match what I am looking for.

I might be willing to hire someone to do it for me. I simply don't have the time or skills to do it myself. I get more than 100 messages a day and need to spend more time on my store rather than forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jonsidneyb View Post
    I don't expect XenForo to make one for a long time. That is why I was wondering of vBAdvanced was working on this.

There are some people making portals and such for XenForo but none of them yet match what I am looking for.

I might be willing to hire someone to do it for me. I simply don't have the time or skills to do it myself. I get more than 100 messages a day and need to spend more time on my store rather than forum.
    Gotcha.. wasn't sure if you were a coder or not. xF is actually pretty easy to code with, even for beginners/novice coders. Im sure you will see some pretty cool addon's coming out soon (a few of which might work for you)
    Bob
    Custom vBa & vB Mods, Installs, Configuration, DBA etc...If you need professional assistance, please feel free to PM me

My Mods:
    [AJAX] Tabs - v3.0 (YUI) | [AJAX] Tabs - v2.0 Enhanced | [AJAX] Tabs - v2.0 | [AJAX] Tabs - v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by bobster65 View Post
    Gotcha.. wasn't sure if you were a coder or not. xF is actually pretty easy to code with, even for beginners/novice coders. Im sure you will see some pretty cool addon's coming out soon (a few of which might work for you)
    I watch for them as I can. I feel like there is only four that I really need while the rest will simply be nice to have.

Two of the things I feel I need already exist, only two more then I can move.

I just wanted to express my interest in a Xenforo version as well.

Put my name on the list. Eagerly watching this topic

I would like to see a version for XenForo also. I have two licenses for vBadvanced, one expires on 1/31/12. I'm not sure I'm going to renew. I'll probably switch to Vivvo and XenForo. I would much rather have a version from here. Too bad it isn't available.

I too would like to see a VBAdvanced/CMPS version for Xenforo, we used VBa when we were running VB and it was great so would more than willingly pay for a XF version of it.

There is a portal add-on for XF, however it is poorly supported and has quite a few bugs in it, I'd rather pay for something knowing help will be provided. As for being able to code it myself, that's just a no go as I think I'd understand the meaning of life before php/Zend!

If Brian and team were looking seriously at developing a XF version, we do realise it's not just a matter of waving the magic wand and it's there, it'd be fantastic.

I agree with you cfodder, the currently offered portal is buggy and completely not supported unlike what we have experienced over many years with Brian's work.

The only good thing that the current XF portal offers, which Brian could add no doubt, is the ability for users to select which modules to display on their own personalised portal page.

So Brian PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us know your thoughts on the possibility of a vBadvanced XF versions of CMPS and Dynamics

+1

I'm sorry, but I've had a ton going on and really haven't even had time to look into XF lately. I'd still love to come up with a solution for it, but if it happens then it's still going to be several months down the line.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I'm sorry, but I've had a ton going on and really haven't even had time to look into XF lately. I'd still love to come up with a solution for it, but if it happens then it's still going to be several months down the line.
    Come to XF.... you can do it!

Hey Brian thanks for the response, glad to hear you're keeping your options open on doing VBa/CMPs for XF

Don't know if you have a XF licence, but if you don't you're more than welcome to have a play on our dev site, is currently not being used

And LOL @ KW

Where's the Like Button?

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Itworx4me View Post
    Where's the Like Button?

lol
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I have already started drooling in anticipation...Brian, it is people like you that XF needs...I have my payment ready for pre-purchase of CMPS and Dynamics

You have the calibre, the reputation and the respect of many followers of what you create...all of which will provide XF a huge boost. I still have 1 vb site that has been left to vb only because of not having vbAdvanced and vbTubePro products available however, in the coming weeks I will unfortunately fold and convert that site to XF.

My XF Site: www.aircraftpilots.com
    My vb site: www.aviationenthusiasts.net

Note my vb site is nearly dead now so XF will give it a boost. I am even in a group of XF owners who have put in together to get a Single Sign On using OpenID so users will be registered, logged in and logged out of all my XF sites using just one registration...XF is where all the advances are being done

Anxiously awaiting XenAdvanced!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information