Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: xenForo version

Will come back from time to time to see if there is any news.

Hello out there

I'm patiently waiting for xenadvanced as well.

HURRY UP!

i also waiting ... sooo long ...

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    i also waiting ... Sooo long ... :d

I have gone live with several Xenforo sites even though it isn't out of Beta yet and they are simply brilliant...it is so incredible to see how stable Xenforo is and how easy it is to use. Naturally it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that vb has (they are coming though) but I will give them up any day for a stable site.

My hosting costs have dropped dramatically...cpu load is next to nothing, MYSQL queries are next to nothing, ram use is next to nothing and I don't get any error emails.

If anyone is interested you can see proof by what one guy is experiencing after a large site conversion at: http://xenforo.com/community/threads...erything.8073/

The quality of the addons are exceptional as well...a video library has just been released and works great

Brian, my credit card is ready and waiting the minute you release Xenforo versions

+10

I am also anxiously awaiting a xenadvanced.

Thank you,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by fos View Post
    I am also anxiously awaiting a xenadvanced.

Thank you,
    Jeff
    Add another anxiously awaiting user to the list.

I can't move my main site to Xenforo as it depends heavily on vba CMPS, Dynamics and Links so I am getting desperate now...any news yet Brian? The xenadvanced site still isn't operational yet

Quote Originally Posted by ibaker View Post
    I can't move my main site to Xenforo as it depends heavily on vba CMPS, Dynamics and Links so I am getting desperate now...any news yet Brian? The xenadvanced site still isn't operational yet
    You could use Jaxels Portal while Brian is getting XFAdvanced programmed. Jaxels is pretty decent.

Do you have a test instance of XF yet? if so, give it a test drive
    Bob
    Custom vBa & vB Mods, Installs, Configuration, DBA etc...If you need professional assistance, please feel free to PM me

My Mods:
    [AJAX] Tabs - v3.0 (YUI) | [AJAX] Tabs - v2.0 Enhanced | [AJAX] Tabs - v2.0 | [AJAX] Tabs - v1.0

Thanks Bobster, good to see you supporting Xenforo...many other big names at vb are also there supporting Xenforo...

The problem is my site is not what can be called a "Forum Site" but a website that also has forums. I use about 10 different instances of vba Dynamics that cover all the non-forum data and I have done some special development using cmps like a full news item rss news reader (http://www.recreationalflying.net/in...ge=news_reader). So to move over will strip my site down to a basic forum site even using Jaxel's portal besides whilst Jaxel's products are good they just don't seem to have the quality of Brian's vba products.

I also use Photoplog for a gallery and vbtubepro for a video library which could be covered in the interim with Jaxel's other product but again they lack the advanced features of the two products I am currently using.

Then there is the sharing of user's information across several vb sites with a single registration and login system that I currently use with vb which isn't available "yet" for Xenforo all makes the move over a bit hard and my users are currently sick and tired of all the errors and changes that have happened with vb...I don't want to put them through any more of that if I can.

Although I have already purchased 2 licenses

Quote Originally Posted by ibaker View Post
    Thanks Bobster, good to see you supporting Xenforo...many other big names at vb are also there supporting Xenforo...

The problem is my site is not what can be called a "Forum Site" but a website that also has forums. I use about 10 different instances of vba Dynamics that cover all the non-forum data and I have done some special development using cmps like a full news item rss news reader (http://www.recreationalflying.net/in...ge=news_reader). So to move over will strip my site down to a basic forum site even using Jaxel's portal besides whilst Jaxel's products are good they just don't seem to have the quality of Brian's vba products.

I also use Photoplog for a gallery and vbtubepro for a video library which could be covered in the interim with Jaxel's other product but again they lack the advanced features of the two products I am currently using.

Then there is the sharing of user's information across several vb sites with a single registration and login system that I currently use with vb which isn't available "yet" for Xenforo all makes the move over a bit hard and my users are currently sick and tired of all the errors and changes that have happened with vb...I don't want to put them through any more of that if I can.

Although I have already purchased 2 licenses
    Ah, I see.... ya, that would be a bit of an issue. Didn't know you had such a complex setup.

Jaxel is getting better and improving his addons daily. He just released a few minutes ago, a new version of his portal addon. Haven't taken it for a test drive yet, but will later.

I do agree with you about Brians products and am looking forward to seeing what he comes up with for xenforo. I'll surely be making xfadvanced addons
    Bob
    Custom vBa & vB Mods, Installs, Configuration, DBA etc...If you need professional assistance, please feel free to PM me

My Mods:
    [AJAX] Tabs - v3.0 (YUI) | [AJAX] Tabs - v2.0 Enhanced | [AJAX] Tabs - v2.0 | [AJAX] Tabs - v1.0

xenadvanced would be great! I have a xenforo license now! I see have vbulletin in the rear view mirror... can barely see it now

Is a version being considered for XenForo?

If you were using cmps to support a basic integration, xenforo may be able to accomplish the same without any add-ons. Examples would be unique pages and/or modules.

vbulletin is getting better, but IB still needs the occasional 911 to recover from it's snafus.
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by motowebmaster View Post
    If you were using cmps to support a basic integration, xenforo may be able to accomplish the same without any add-ons. Examples would be unique pages and/or modules.

vbulletin is getting better, but IB still needs the occasional 911 to recover from it's snafus.
    I cannot do what I am wanting to do yet with Xenforo but solutions might eventually be available.

I don't care how much better vB gets, I will eventually leave them no matter what. I don't want to deal with people like them no matter what they manage to do with the software.

Quote Originally Posted by jonsidneyb View Post
    I cannot do what I am wanting to do yet with Xenforo but solutions might eventually be available.

I don't care how much better vB gets, I will eventually leave them no matter what. I don't want to deal with people like them no matter what they manage to do with the software.
    what are you wanting to do?
    Bob

My Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by bobster65 View Post
    what are you wanting to do?
    Here are the minimum requirements.

1. I would like to be able to have an index of the articles that would be positioned on the left side. If a certain item is clicked on the index only the items I have put in that particular category would be seen on the front page.
    I would have to be able to assign each article with a category that shows up on the index.

2. I would like to be able to change the order on the articles fairly easily. Possibly be assigning it an article number.

3. I would like the articles to be in two columns.

Article 1 Article 2
    Article 3 Article 4
    Article 5 Article 6

4. I would like all the articles to be promoted from a forum thread.

5. I would want to be the only one that can promote a thread to an article.

6. Comments in an article would appear both as a comment to the article and as a post in the thread. Also all posts in the thread would appear as a comment in the article and in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jonsidneyb View Post
    Here are the minimum requirements.

1. I would like to be able to have an index of the articles that would be positioned on the left side. If a certain item is clicked on the index only the items I have put in that particular category would be seen on the front page.
    I would have to be able to assign each article with a category that shows up on the index.

2. I would like to be able to change the order on the articles fairly easily. Possibly be assigning it an article number.

3. I would like the articles to be in two columns.

Article 1 Article 2
    Article 3 Article 4
    Article 5 Article 6

4. I would like all the articles to be promoted from a forum thread.

5. I would want to be the only one that can promote a thread to an article.

6. Comments in an article would appear both as a comment to the article and as a post in the thread. Also all posts in the thread would appear as a comment in the article and in the thread.
    That can all be done within xF. There isn't anything in the core code preventing that from being accomplished. If you are waiting on xF to have a Portal/CMS type functionality built into the core administration system, you'll be waiting a long time and I highly doubt that it will contain every wanted feature that you "need/want". However, creating your own addon to do this is not that difficult and you'd be better off in the long run anyway as it would be built to your exact specifications.
    Bob

My Mods:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information