Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: xenforo and dynamix?

Default xenforo and dynamix?

Hello Brian,

will you write in the future the Dynamix Software, for the new Software from Kier (xenforo) ?

I hope this so much, because we want move to xenforo in the next Time.

Possibly... It's hard to say much with Xenforo still being in it's development stages, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on things.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Brian,

thank you for your answer. if you write the software for xenforo, is theire a way to convert the data from the vb-dynamix to xenforo-dynamix?

my problem is we plan to buy a lot of xenforo-boards, but we must have the dynamix tool for our projects. we want start, our projects now on a offline server (in a vb board) and want convert them if we have filled in all our datas to xenforo, if they release...and then we want buy 15 dynamics licenses, for xenforo (if you write this software)

target is to leave vb in the next weeks. i hope you can answer this. if you not start this project, i must find a other way, that we present our datas in xenforo.

I'm sorry, but considering that I haven't even seen the code from XenForo or anything more than the front-end yet, I can't really say for sure what our plans will be. *If* we create a XenForo Dynamics product then I'm sure we'll have an import script so you can easily transfer your vB data. Products similar to the CMPS and Links Directory are more likely to be the first ones on the list though, so keep in mind that *if* Dynamics is ported then it'll probably be at least a few months down the line and possibly well into next year before it's available.
    CMPS Users Manual

If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

The time is ok. If we start with move our articles from the vb cms to dynamix from hand, i think we must have 4-5 month. in all our boards we have more then 10.000 articles in the cms. in our biggest board we have more then 30.000 articles. that will cost us a lot of time.

for me is only important, that you write this addon and that we can convert our articles from vb-dynamics to.....xen-dynamics.

if you write not a official addon, can you write dynamix for xenforo for my companie? we will pay this. i hope we come together.

Szene,

Right now it is too early to answer any questions about XenForo since nobody except their own staff members have seen the code. Once an alpha/beta build is available to developers to take a look at then better answers can be provided.

Thank you KW802,

that is clear. It is a hard Situation for my Companie at the Moment. We cant use the s.h.i.t vb4 longer. So we do our first Step and go go back to 3.8.6 and copy all our articles to dynamics.

We buy now for 3.8.6 new licenses here, and then i hope we can convert in the next time to xen, if you write this addon.

I am curious what your actual problems with vB4 are?
    Zachery
    I may or may not do things.

Hi Zachery,

sorry my english is not the best so i can´t write all what we have for problems with the vb 4 in german i can write a big book with a lot of sites about, all the bugs we have in our boards. after 9 years vb, is the time now to switch away from vb. ib has destroyed a very good product.

You can write it in german and I can tralsate it via friends/google.

What are the key points that are making you switch?
    Zachery
    I may or may not do things.

Hello,

i write you later a PM with this Points. Here is deep in the Night now And tomorrror our Team will start with the work (move our forums back to 3.8.6). I must sleep now.

Being a big board, I just don't like vBulletin 4.0. 4.1-xx might be a different story.

XenForo feels and looks much better to me from a user stand point. From what I've read the database is similar to 3.8.x. Saying that, it will be a long time before I upgrade to either.

Personally, I will be sticking with vB for my 'big' sites but am looking at XF for some of the small informal sites where vB is just an overkill for it. If XF comes in at a low enough price point then I can see it being used for those times where somebody doesn't want the overhead nor expense of vB but at the same time doesn't want to go with a free solution either.

Quote Originally Posted by KW802 View Post
    Personally, I will be sticking with vB for my 'big' sites but am looking at XF for some of the small informal sites where vB is just an overkill for it. If XF comes in at a low enough price point then I can see it being used for those times where somebody doesn't want the overhead nor expense of vB but at the same time doesn't want to go with a free solution either.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I'm sorry, but considering that I haven't even seen the code from XenForo or anything more than the front-end yet, I can't really say for sure what our plans will be. *If* we create a XenForo Dynamics product then I'm sure we'll have an import script so you can easily transfer your vB data. Products similar to the CMPS and Links Directory are more likely to be the first ones on the list though, so keep in mind that *if* Dynamics is ported then it'll probably be at least a few months down the line and possibly well into next year before it's available.

Any News Brian? I need the Dynamix for Xen.Come on Brian, lets go

Quote Originally Posted by Szene View Post
    Any News Brian? I need the Dynamix for Xen.Come on Brian, lets go
    Two weeks have passed and there is no reply from Brian. At least say something in regards to XF and Dynamics integration.

It will be at least a few months before a XF Dynamics version is available.
    CMPS Users Manual

Good to know that eventually there will be Dynamics for XF. Waiting for "Files" option. :-)

XenForo 1.0.0 Release Candidate 1 moves us one step closer to a stable release. This release includes a number of bug fixes, as well as a few small feature changes. The focus is now solely on working towards a stable release. We'd like to thank all our customers and everyone else who has helped us to reach this milestone.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads...8/#post-145790

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It will be at least a few months before a XF Dynamics version is available.
    2.5 months have passed. Brian, how much longer do we have to wait? I didn't ditch vBulletin only because I was waiting for xF Dynamics to be released. Now I am starting to think about giving up on Dynamics altogether.
    Last edited by rgamill; 02-14-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information