Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: xenforo and dynamix?

I'm sorry, but it's going to be at least a few more months before a XenDynamics product is available.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Xenforo has gone v1.0.0 today "Hooray" just need XF CMPS and XF Dynamics now...can't wait Brian...if you need a beta test please just let me know...I can find bugs before they are even born

Brian,

are you working on the software? Or will you start your work in a few months?

i wait so much on the xendynamics. i am very happy with xenforo, but i must have a database tool for our forum

I have two licenses for XenForo, I hope to purchase Xen Dynamics as soon as it is available.

Thanks, Jeff

I will pick up Xen Dynamics as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I'm sorry, but it's going to be at least a few more months before a XenDynamics product is available.
    Any update on the progress or release date?

Same here...my site has been screaming since converting to Xenforo and I really miss the vbadvanced products...Xenforo is one really incredible product

I'm sorry, but at this point it will likely be closer to the end of the year before XenAdvanced is up and running. As much as I would love to get something going, I need to wait to see how the lawsuit with vB plays out first.
    CMPS Users Manual

If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

VB has already lost in the US and then lost again to Xenforo for security of costs in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by ibaker View Post
    VB has already lost in the US and then lost again to Xenforo for security of costs in the UK
    You really need to get your facts straight before posting things like this.

vB had a motion to secure costs issued against them here in the UK which was granted, the case here in the UK has not been started.

In the USA vB withdrew their motion to stop sales of XenForo that is all, the case is still proceeding.

This morning, the U.S. District Court for the Central District Court of California granted our motion to dismiss the 7th and 8th claims made by vBulletin Solutions Inc. against XenForo Ltd. and Kier Darby.

The alleged computer hacking violations of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, 18 U.S.C 1030 and California Penal Code § 502 were dismissed with prejudice. There was no allegation of unauthorized access.

"I'm delighted that these two unfounded claims have been dismissed and cannot be refiled," stated Kier Darby, co-director of XenForo Ltd. "We look forward to the dismissal of the remaining claims and invite any person with access to the source code of both vBulletin and XenForo to compare the code and discover the manifest truth that the XenForo software was independently created and infringes none of vBulletin's rights. Neither the vBulletin Solutions lawsuit in California, nor its earlier duplicate counterpart in England, should ever have been filed."

Read your own post ......... the 7th+8th claims the rest are still proceeding.

Shamil updates the info at vB.com on a regular basis, the thread is here >> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...enforo-(part-2) <<

I'm sorry, but at this point it will likely be closer to the end of the year before XenAdvanced is up and running. As much as I would love to get something going, I need to wait to see how the lawsuit with vB plays out first.
    Whatever outcome the lawsuit brings, it is unlikely Xenforo will disappear. I don't understand why you are so cautious about it. For example, vBGallery is still around.

Quote Originally Posted by rgamill View Post
    Whatever outcome the lawsuit brings, it is unlikely Xenforo will disappear. I don't understand why you are so cautious about it. For example, vBGallery is still around.
    vB Galllery ......... exactly, you have answered your own question. That product may be around but it is not to Brian's benefit.

With the explicit threat laid down by IB against XenForo and anyone using it, IF they were to win the case anyone writing code would also be in line for a lawsuit and the loss of all their work.

Brian cannot afford to spend hundreds of hours on something that may be killed off anymore than you or I can.

Carey is pretty much spot on with what he said. If I was rich and had free time then it wouldn't be an issue, but I have bills to pay and need to be sure that things go well before I spend the time on it. Then again, if I was rich I would be on a beach somewhere so it would be a moot point anyway.
    CMPS Users Manual

Quote Originally Posted by CareyCrew View Post
    With the explicit threat laid down by IB against XenForo and anyone using it, IF they were to win the case anyone writing code would also be in line for a lawsuit and the loss of all their work.
    That's something totally new to me. Unless they are in a product-kill mood, why would they sue addon developers?

Carey is pretty much spot on with what he said. If I was rich and had free time then it wouldn't be an issue, but I have bills to pay and need to be sure that things go well before I spend the time on it.
    Lawsuits can drag on for years. Abandoning hope for XenDynamics and looking elsewhere seem to be the way to go under these circumstances. Sad...

Quote Originally Posted by rgamill View Post
    That's something totally new to me. Unless they are in a product-kill mood, why would they sue addon developers?

Lawsuits can drag on for years. Abandoning hope for XenDynamics and looking elsewhere seem to be the way to go under these circumstances. Sad...

Go back and look at the first posting IB made on this subject and you will see the veiled threat against even license holders ......... you could face having to switch platform.
    Last edited by CareyCrew; 06-15-2011 at 02:48 PM.

I respect Brian's decision, but If XF unexpectedly loses the court case and I were forced to make a change, my XF site won't be switching to vb.
    Shawn

I also respect Brian's perspective. I still have two licenses for vB 4 Suite. I will spend no more money maintaining vBulletin. At this point, my expenditures are going to both Invision Board and Xenforo. I have renewed a two licenses for vBadvanced recently. Until Xenforo is supported here, I will have to look elsewhere.

Sorry

I currently have a developer building a XF <-> vb bridge so I can use vb addons for my XF site.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information