Thread: Favorites & Post Icon Problem

Default Favorites & Post Icon Problem

Hello. I have a fairly fresh install of 2.0.1 on vb 4.0.6, and I've got 3 problems.

First, when I click "Add to Favorites" within a post I get a 404 error. The post still gets added to my favorites but the url on the redirect is malformed with two dynamics directories like so:

http://mysite.com/dynamics/dynamics/misc.php?do=addfav&e=1001&return=entry&catid=5

Also, I'm missing the option for new threads to use a Post Icon. I believe I've checked all dynamics and vbulletin options related to the post icon, and it all looks good. (Note that post icons do work in replies).

My last problem is in the Quick Navigation mod. Under "Contains unread posts" I click "Since Your Last Visit" and I get redirected to:

PHP Code:
    http://mysite.com/dynamics 
    instead of:

PHP Code:
    http://mysite.com/dynamics/browsecategory.php?do=newposts 
    which is how it's working in the "What's New" on the navbar

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by bfplayer; 08-24-2010 at 04:33 AM.

For the post icons I found in the ADV_DYNA_ADD_EDIT template:

Code:
    <div id="dyna_icons" style="display: {vb:raw icondiv_hide}">{vb:raw iconbits}</div>
    when I edit a post the html reads:

Code:
    <div id="dyna_icons" style="display: marker">
    and post icons work. But, if it's a new post the html reads

Code:
    <div id="dyna_icons" style="display: none">
    and post icons don't work. So, I just hardcoded "marker" in there.

Thank you for pointing these things out. You should be able to correct the issue with adding/removing entries from your favorites by looking in your 'ADV_DYNA_SHOWENTRY' template for this code:
    Code:
    						<li>
    							<vb:if condition="$entry['isfavorite']">
    								<a onclick="vba_add_fav({vb:raw entry.entryid});" href="misc.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=removefav&amp;e={vb:raw entry.entryid}&amp;return=entry{vb:raw adv_sorturl}"><span id="fav_{vb:raw entry.entryid}">{vb:rawphrase remove_from_favorites}</span></a>
    							<vb:else />
    								<a onclick="vba_add_fav({vb:raw entry.entryid});" href="misc.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=addfav&amp;e={vb:raw entry.entryid}&amp;return=entry{vb:raw adv_sorturl}"><span id="fav_{vb:raw entry.entryid}">{vb:rawphrase add_to_favorites}</span></a>
    							</vb:if>
    						</li>
    And replacing it with this:
    Code:
    						<li>
    							<vb:if condition="$entry['isfavorite']">
    								<a onclick="vba_add_fav({vb:raw entry.entryid});" href="javascript://"><span id="fav_{vb:raw entry.entryid}">{vb:rawphrase remove_from_favorites}</span></a>
    							<vb:else />
    								<a onclick="vba_add_fav({vb:raw entry.entryid});" href="javascript://"><span id="fav_{vb:raw entry.entryid}">{vb:rawphrase add_to_favorites}</span></a>
    						</li>

To correct the issue with the New Posts link in your Quick Navigation module, you will need to look in your {vb}/vba_dyna_modules/dyna_navigation.php file for this line:
    PHP Code:
    $templater->register('newpostlink'$newpostlink); 
    And replace with this:
    PHP Code:
    $templater->register('newpostslink'$newpostslink); 
    Then you will want to replace the contents of your 'adv_dyna_module_quicknav' template with the follwing code:
    Code:
    <div class="blockrow">

{vb:raw quicknav_toplinks}

<vb:if condition="$show['quicknav_home']">
    		<div style="padding-top: 4px">{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level1} <a href="index.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}"><strong>{vb:rawphrase home}</strong></a></div>

<vb:if condition="$show['quicknav_my_stuff']">
    		<div style="padding-top: 4px">{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level1} <a href="misc.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=mystuff"><strong>{vb:rawphrase my_stuff}</strong></a></div>

&nbsp;&nbsp;{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level2} <a href="{vb:raw myentrieslink}">{vb:rawphrase my_x, {vb:rawphrase entries}}</a><br />

<vb:if condition="$vba_options['dyna_allowdrafts']">
    			&nbsp;&nbsp;{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level2} <a href="browsecategory.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=drafts">{vb:rawphrase my_drafts}</a><br />

<vb:if condition="$show['favorites']">
    			&nbsp;&nbsp;{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level2} <a href="browsecategory.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=favorites">{vb:rawphrase my_favorites}</a><br />
    		<vb:if condition="$show['subscribe']">
    			&nbsp;&nbsp;{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level2} <a href="browsecategory.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=subscriptions">{vb:rawphrase my_subscriptions}</a><br />
    		<vb:if condition="$show['managecats']">
    			&nbsp;&nbsp;{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level2} <a href="managecats.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}">{vb:rawphrase x_manager, {vb:rawphrase category}}</a><br />
    		<vb:if condition="$show['attachment_manager']">
    			&nbsp;&nbsp;{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level2} <a href="manageattach.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}">{vb:rawphrase x_manager, {vb:rawphrase attachment}}</a><br />
    		<vb:if condition="$show['edit_module_link']">
    			&nbsp;&nbsp;{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level2} <a href="module.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}">{vb:rawphrase edit_x, {vb:rawphrase modules}}</a><br />

<vb:if condition="$show['quicknav_submitentry']">
    		<div style="padding-top: 4px">{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level1} <a href="newentry.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}c={vb:raw catid}" rel="nofollow"><strong>{vb:rawphrase submit_x, {vb:rawphrase entry}}</strong></a></div>

<vb:if condition="$show['quicknav_newentries']">
    		<div style="padding-top: 4px">{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level1} <strong>{vb:rawphrase new_x, {vb:rawphrase entries}}</strong></div>
    		&nbsp;&nbsp;{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level2} <a href="{vb:raw newentrylink}" rel="nofollow">{vb:rawphrase since_your_last_visit}</a><br />
    		{vb:raw newentryqlbits}
    	<vb:if condition="$show['quicknav_newposts']">
    		<div style="padding-top: 4px">{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level1} <strong>{vb:rawphrase vba_new_posts}</strong></div>
    		&nbsp;&nbsp;{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level2} <a href="{vb:raw newpostslink}" rel="nofollow">{vb:rawphrase since_your_last_visit}</a><br />
    		{vb:raw newpostqlbits}

<vb:if condition="$show['quicknav_popentries']">
    		<div style="padding-top: 4px">{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level1} <strong>{vb:rawphrase whats_popular}</strong></div>

&nbsp;&nbsp;{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level2} <a href="{vb:raw popentrylinks.views}">{vb:rawphrase top_x_visited_y, {vb:raw vba_options.dyna_popentrylimit}, {vb:rawphrase entries}}</a><br />

<vb:if condition="$vba_options['dyna_allowrating']">
    				&nbsp;&nbsp;{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level2} <a href="{vb:raw popentrylinks.rating}">{vb:rawphrase top_x_rated_y, {vb:raw vba_options.dyna_popentrylimit}, {vb:rawphrase entries}}</a><br />
    			<vb:if condition="$vba_options['dyna_allowreplies']">
    				&nbsp;&nbsp;{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level2} <a href="{vb:raw popentrylinks.posts}">{vb:rawphrase top_x_replied_to_y, {vb:raw vba_options.dyna_popentrylimit}, {vb:rawphrase entries}}</a><br />

<vb:if condition="$show['quicknav_search']">
    		<div style="padding-top: 4px">{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level1} <a href="search.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}" rel="nofollow"><strong>{vb:rawphrase search}</strong></a></div>

<vb:if condition="$show['quicknav_moderation']">
    		<div style="padding-top: 4px">{vb:raw mod_options.dyna_quicknav_level1} <a href="moderate.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}"><strong>{vb:rawphrase moderate_new}</strong></a><br /></div>

{vb:raw quicknav_bottomlinks}
    </div>
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Thank you. Both fixes worked perfectly!

Thread Information