Thread: Decprecated Error When Editing Modules in Admin CP

Default Decprecated Error When Editing Modules in Admin CP

I just installed vba 4.0.1 on a host with php 5.3.3 and vb 4.0.5. I'm getting the following errors:

PHP Code:

Deprecated
    : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/persever/public_html/admincp/vba_cmps_admin.php on line 2022

Deprecated
    : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/persever/public_html/admincp/vba_cmps_admin.php on line 2022

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated
    Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated

Deprecated
    Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thank you for pointing this out, apparently that function was removed in PHP 5.3.3. I've just applied the fix to the admincp/vba_cmps_admin.php files in the v4.0.1 and v3.2.2 download packages here, so if you will download the files again and update that one on your server, that should take care of the issue. Or if you would rather apply the fix manually, just look in the file for 2 instances of this code:
    PHP Code:
    if (ereg('[^.]+'$modfile) AND $modfile != 'index.html'
    And replace each with this:
    PHP Code:
    if (substr($modfile, -4) == '.php'
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Thanks for the quick fix Brian! :-). Much appreciated.

Btw, as a side note, this my first reply from my android galaxy s captivae. My new techie toy I got this weekend..and I must say it works with the site quite nicely. Vbadvanced looks great on it!!!!!!!! :-))

Thread Information