Thread: A Few Questions

Default A Few Questions

I recently purchased a copy of vBa Links Directory for my budgie (parakeet) community. We'll be using it to create a breeder directory. It will be based on location. I just have a few questions:

1. If you look at what I have so far, I have filled the Canada category with its provinces. But the list of provinces isn't showing up on the main directory index. I set the "depth of directories on index" all the way up to 4 and they're still not showing up. How do you get sub-categories to show on the main index?

2. We plan on offering a paid option using subscriptions for breeders to be pinned to the top of their area's category. We'll be using the "sticky links" feature for this. Is there a way to change the color of sticky links in the links listings? If so, how would I go about doing this? Would it require a template edit or changing some CSS somehow?

3. Along the same lines, is there a way to have a link de-stickied (is that a word? ) at a pre-specified time? Obviously if the person doesn't renew their subscription their link shouldn't be stickied anymore. Is it possible to link vbA Links and subscriptions in this way (or in any way)?

4. Last question. If I have to add each state in the US manually it will take a while. Is there a bulk category feature/add-on or a way to query the database directly to add 50 categories at one time?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.

Georgia, USA

1). Admin CP => vBa Links Directory => Modify Settings => Category Options => Display Smaller Sub-Category Columns - If you enable that setting then you should see a smaller listing of sub-categories like you do below the "Testing Category" in our demo.

2). That should be controlled by the 'sticky' class, which is the same used for vBulletin threads. You could either modify that CSS, or edit the 'adv_links_linkbit' template and adjust the code on the 2nd line there to use a different class.

3). That might be possible with some customization, but unfortunately there's not anything by default that would help with that.

4). You could add the first category making sure all of the settings and such are exactly how you would like, and then just use the "Create Category Based off of Category" feature at the top of the 'Add Category' page so you would only have to change the title, display order, and maybe the description for each additional state.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Thread Information