Thread: VbCMPS vs VBDynamics

Default VbCMPS vs VBDynamics

Hi,

I am new here, What is the major differences between these 2 software. THey seem pretty much the same to me. Just that the dynamics has more stuffs to it.

Let's say i want to post a series of you tube videos and wanna show them at my home page. Users can scroll up and down to select my videos, so which software should i use , cmps or dynamics.

I am new here and still trying to understand these softwares. Thanks.

Cmps is kind a portal showing newest posts, stats and other modules and is free.
    For your interests dynamics would be the better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses View Post
    Cmps is kind a portal showing newest posts, stats and other modules and is free.
    For your interests dynamics would be the better choice.
    why do you say that?

What does dynamics has that cmps don't?

It sounds like you could potentially use either product.
    Have you checked our sticky "CMPS vs Dynamics" thread?
    http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24750
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It sounds like you could potentially use either product.
    Have you checked our sticky "CMPS vs Dynamics" thread?
    http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24750
    I just checked that out. Thanks.

If i use the Dynamics, i also do want to pull out the latest threads or the hottest threads. Can Dynamics do that since it says it is less dependent on the forum than CMPS?

I want to put my introductions, videos, ebook downloads, landing page for my ebooks too, Users hottest threads and most viewed post, recent threads, newest member, members with the most posts, that is all i can think of.

Would CMPS fit in or Dynamics will be a better choice?

There's not a hottest or recent threads module included with Dynamics, but there is a Recent Threads module included with the CMPS and a Hot Topics module availble to download in the forums here, and both can be imported into vBa Dynamics.

As for which would be better... If you would prefer to keep you videos section separate from your forums, then vBa Dyanmics would probably be your best bet. If you don't mind posting your videos in the forums and handling most everything through there, then vBa CMPS should be enough to get the job done. You could also use vBa Dynamics as your videos section and vBa CMPS as your homepage.
    CMPS Users Manual

If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    There's not a hottest or recent threads module included with Dynamics, but there is a Recent Threads module included with the CMPS and a Hot Topics module availble to download in the forums here, and both can be imported into vBa Dynamics.

As for which would be better... If you would prefer to keep you videos section separate from your forums, then vBa Dyanmics would probably be your best bet. If you don't mind posting your videos in the forums and handling most everything through there, then vBa CMPS should be enough to get the job done. You could also use vBa Dynamics as your videos section and vBa CMPS as your homepage.
    i plan to create a forum section just for the video and i want it to be shown at the homepage too. The other thing is the ebook download link, i got to show it at the homepage as well as in the forum. I want it to look good at the homepage.

You could also use vBa Dynamics as your videos section and vBa CMPS as your homepage
    It sounds like i have to use both at the same time. How in the world can i use both software at the same time. It can be done?

If you're planning on posting the videos in your forums then the only thing you should need is vBa CMPS for your homepage.
    Both products can be installed at the same time, but of course only one can be your homepage.
    CMPS Users Manual

i wanna do something like this.
    http://www.koikeeperunleashed.com/

There is an intro module at the center front of the page. Is this website using CMPS or Dynamic?

They are using the CMPS for their homepage.
    CMPS Users Manual

I think I might be interested in VBDymamics... I just stumbled upon your 7th anniversary sale that ends today. I'm hoping you might be able to extend that sale until my question is answered.

First, I've been a VBA user for many many years and love the product. So thanks a bunch for that. I'm unclear of the differences between vba and vbdynamics.

Can I create custom html pages and pop them into vbdynamics?

I'd like to see some sites that are currently using vbdynamics. Can you post a few so I can take a look?

I should just purchase this to support all of the free years of vbAdvanced. If not, I'll surely make a donation to vba via paypal. You deserve it.

Thanks for all of your years of hard work!

You can enable HTML within vBa Dynamics entries on a per-category basis, though that's only recommended if permissions are set to only allow admins and/or other trusted members to post new entries. Otherwise it could be a security risk to allow anyone to post HTML.
    You can see several sites running vBa Dynamics in our listing here:
    http://www.vbadvanced.com/products.p...ks&productid=7
    CMPS Users Manual

I go Dynamics though!

Thread Information