Thread: 90% of links in navbar/header not working

Default 90% of links in navbar/header not working

Hey everyone - I run ltxtech.com and after configuring and reskinning the dynamics suite I noticed that most of the links in our header and navbar do not work.

I tried adding files to the settings area for replacements, but none of that worked.

Any ideas?

Not only that issue, but also all of my categories run into each other. I can't seem to get that working either. I've tried editing everything under the sun and the most I can ever get is really nothing.

If you go to the main forum you will see each section has nice spacing between themselves and then you go to the tutorial section and everything is smushed.

Is this something you're still having a problem with? I checked your site, but the links and categories seem fine to me.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Is this something you're still having a problem with? I checked your site, but the links and categories seem fine to me.
    Yes, actually the "actual" dynamics links on the main section work fine. If you click here, it will take you to our dynamics install. It is *only* in the dynamics area of the website where all of the links from the navbar up do not work. The only one that works in the "forum" link.

You may need to edit those links in your 'navbar' template (or whatever template they're in) and add "{vb:raw vboptions.bburl}/" in front of them.
    CMPS Users Manual

If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Man Brian, I tried that and it still didn't work. No matter what I try, the system keeps putting a /dynamics/ text in the links. So instead of trying to just go to ltxtech.com/forums/garage.php it's trying to force ltxtech.com/forums/dynamics/garage.php

I need to figure out how to stop it from adding the /dynamics/ text into every link.

Thanks for your continued support Brian!

There's no way it would still add "/dynamics" in the URL if those links were prefixed with your forum's URL. If the variable I posted isn't working then the only other thing I can suggest would be to try adding "http://ltxtech.com/forums/" in front of the links.
    CMPS Users Manual

Ok Brian, that worked. I replaced "{vb:raw vboptions.bburl}/" with the forum url and it cleared up the issues.

Thank you very much kind sir!

After a little more digging into this I found one more thing I had to do to get everything functioning correctly.

"{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}" removed from this line of code:
    Code:
    <li class="selected"><a class="navtab" href="{vb:raw vboptions.forumhome}.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}">{vb:rawphrase forum}</a>
    As I originally replied before this that changing the code you provided had fixed everything except whenever you would click "Forum" from the dynamics, it would duplicate the forum url 2x, resulting in a broken link. Everything else was fixed by your code change.

Removing that small snippet I provided seems to have fixed it. What do you think? Is that code ok to leave out?

There shouldn't be any reason that variable would create a problem. It's used to help track guests so it's not really going to break anything if you remove it. You may want to try this instead for that line though and see if it gives you any better results.
    Code:
    <li class="selected"><a class="navtab" href="{vb:raw vboptions.bburl]/forum.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}">{vb:rawphrase forum}</a>
    CMPS Users Manual

Brian, I'm experiencing this problem after upgrading to 4.1.1

Thread Information