Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook or Twitter

Default Facebook or Twitter

Hi guys which will you prefer Facebook or Twitter? and Why?

Quote Originally Posted by nicolelord2 View Post
    Hi guys which will you prefer Facebook or Twitter? and Why?

Neither. Facebook is a major security problem and a can empty your site .

Twitter is full of stupid,pointless ,unintelligible babble.
    Seen vB5 beta? No more vbulletin for me, done , gone,finished .

I prefer Facebook. Facebook provides us the chance to choose what you desire to share, and what you don’t. So we can say it is secure.

Twitter is spam, but most people just don't know it yet. Facebook can work well if you limit friends to real friends. I am sick of getting "inspiration quotes" from people who I meet once and ask me to connect with them on Facebook.

It depends on what you're using it for.
    For personal use I prefer Facebook.
    From a business perspective I actually prefer Twitter because less people protect their accounts and it is easier to follow and find new people.

Facebook by far. I do Student Health Insurance and Facebook is much better with finding people and status updates. People use to Twitter to seriously say what they are doing every second of the day. Facebook I have never had to hear about someones FULL day from sun up to sun down. Facebook is about seeing what others have been up to recently not what they have been up to every second bc that's what twitter I believe is for.
    Sorry I had to speak my mind on that. I don't even have a twitter account anymore, I signed up and used it for like 10 min and deleted. UGH
    Last edited by jdcline; 02-11-2011 at 04:08 PM.

I prefer Twitter because it keeps me entertained and allows me to interact with people faster than Facebook. But, Facebook is still good for maintaining more personal relationships. It also allows more privacy than Twitter.

facebook is better than twitter, because twitter is connected with some third party who makes everything automatically. and it is spam, facebook lately have started to become infected. but I prefer facebook.

I would go by popularity...And FaceBook scores more on that.

professional people using Twitter nowdays
    Mortal Kombat Nexus Online
    Pakistan 1st Mortal Kombat Wesbite

Facebook definitely for me. You get so much more interaction, and you learn a whole lot more about people. Also, most people that I know don't have a twitter account, so communication through twitter is kind of pointless.

twitter as it is much easier to use than facebook.

I really like the idea of twitter - simpler and quicker than facebook - BUT - yeah, the spam gets in the way. there is so much stuff scrolling down that page that you can't keep up with it. Especially if you get some hooha that twitters every 5 freakin minutes! God i hate that.
    You would definitely have to limit your followings to keep it clean.
    I agree with the post that it depends on what you use it for , biz or personal. And you should definitely keep separate accounts for biz and personal.

Facebook is a nightmare. No support, easily hacked, security is crap. I've been 2yrs trying to get Facebook to remove a group from an account I had hacked on there, and it's still on there, all the settings changed from private to public and one of my main email addresses now in full public view and being used fraudulently by the hacker, not to mention all the spam it attracts.

It should be closed down, or they should offer customer support not just useless help pages that send you round in circles getting nowhere fast.

Twitter? I can't see the point of it. Why bother tweeting when you have a mobile phone and can send sms? I think Twitter's for people with ego problems. Probably why so many celebs use it. It could be useful for business, but who the heck would want to tweet a customer and vice versa when they can phone?

I reckon they're 2 of the most useless web applications every invented personally.

Each to his own though, some people obviously like either or both.

How can you say there are so many things to do on Facebook JW32181? Like what? Use third party applications (games) that use bad code and can allow someone to get into your computer? Upload a few photos? Watch endless pointless ramblings by people on your wall? Get friend requests from people you don't know and don't trust? Poke someone or get poked back? Whats that all about????
    Last edited by rubycluck; 03-15-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Facebook is good for keeping up with family, but beyond that it can be a problem.

facebook is 100% better then twitter...twitter is pointless and sucks!

I use both. Twitter I use just to keep track of developers updates, mostly for Android. I also have a twitter just for my website that just recycles the RSS feeds. This one also gets used for a bit of advertising.

I prefer Facebook for anything that requires more than 1 line of text.

I prefer twitter because there is too much censorship in fb, twitter is more freedom to say whatever, fb is for fools and twitter is for people with specific criteria ..fb sucks

Definitely Facebook! I find Twitter impersonal and I like to ramble a bit so Twitter doesn't give me enough characters. FB has my friends whereas Twitter is full of strangers - I find it mind numbing LOL

i would go for facebook.. frankly for me twitter is just so...... blank... xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information