Thread: Images showing up as 'File name'

Default Images showing up as 'File name'

After a recent backup restoration, my images are not showing up as images, but their file name instead. I am just wondering what might have caused this and how I might go about restoring them properly,

Thanks
    cammot

Quote Originally Posted by cammot View Post
    After a recent backup restoration, my images are not showing up as images, but their file name instead. I am just wondering what might have caused this and how I might go about restoring them properly,

Thanks
    cammot
    Just a follow up to this issue - I noticed that when 'not logged in' some images show up, but when 'logged in' most images don't show at all.

Hope this help in analyzing the issue for a possible solution.

Thanks

cammot

Have you checked your permissions (Admin CP => vBa Dynamics => Usergroup Permissions) to make sure that 'Can View Attachments' and 'Can View Attachment Thumbnails' are enabled for your usergroup? Double-check that, and even if they are already enabled, go ahead and save one of your usergroups to make sure that the cache isn't somehow outdated.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Have you checked your permissions (Admin CP => vBa Dynamics => Usergroup Permissions) to make sure that 'Can View Attachments' and 'Can View Attachment Thumbnails' are enabled for your usergroup? Double-check that, and even if they are already enabled, go ahead and save one of your usergroups to make sure that the cache isn't somehow outdated.
    Thanks Brian - I tried what you suggested but it did not work. I am thinking perhaps it has something to do with how I restored my backup to the server. I recall something about ensuring that image files or certain folder needed to be upload as a certain type, i.e Binary or ASCII - but can't which folders I apply these to. If you could kindly refresh my memory - I could try that as well.

Thanks

cammot

If your images were uploaded in the wrong mode then they would all look distorted. That couldn't cause them to show up or disappear depending on your logged in status though.
    It's hard to say what the issue might be off the top of my head, but if you'd like to submit a support ticket via the Members' Area here I'll be glad to take a look at things for you.
    CMPS Users Manual

If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It's hard to say what the issue might be off the top of my head, but if you'd like to submit a support ticket via the Members' Area here I'll be glad to take a look at things for you.
    Hi Brian,

I just wanted to let you know that I submitted a ticket, when you have a moment could you kindly look at it.

Thanks

cammot

Quote Originally Posted by cammot View Post
    Hi Brian,

I just wanted to let you know that I submitted a ticket, when you have a moment could you kindly look at it.

Thanks

cammot
    Hi Brian,

I am at a total loss trying to fix this issue. I tried everything you suggested with no satisfaction. As earlier mentioned, I did submit a ticket as per your suggestion a couple of weeks ago, but got no response. I appreciate you may have other pressing priorities, but if you could find some time to look at the ticket - I would greatly appreciate your support.

Thanks
    cammot

Sorry I wasn't able to get this resolved for you sooner. It looks like vB may have recently changed the way they handle permissions for [attach] tags within BB code. I've just updated the includes/vba_dyna_class.php file in the download package here to include the fix, so for anyone else experiencing a similar issue please download the files from here again, upload the forum/includes/vba_dyna_class.php file to your server over your existing one, and that should take care of the issue.
    Last edited by Brian; 04-08-2011 at 05:22 PM.
    CMPS Users Manual

Thread Information