Thread: Path Problem on /links/index.php

Default Path Problem on /links/index.php

Not sure what is going on, but we have a path problem with our links directory. We are currently running:

vBadvanced Links Directory 3.1.0
    And the page we are having problems is:

Where you can see that the links in the each category line item are missing the "links" from the path, causing a redirect error.

I've searched the templates and code and not sure where to fix this. Please assist!

I jsut spent 10 minutes checking links and categories on your site and have not seen an error yet, did you find the problem?

No, the problem is not fixed and it is definitely there.

For example, on

If you look at the first category: UNIX OS Links

The (non existent) link under that category is:

which results in an error message, because the correct link should be:

We have this problem on every category and link on this page

Hmm........ it is fine in Opera but not in Firefox5 or IE9

Thanks... just noticed that... works with Opera and Safari on my end by not FF nor Chrome.....

IE9 in compatability mode fails too.

Thanks.... now if we only knew how to fix it ?

Have you added anything to the site lately? Is vBSEO new, there can be issues with that if the .htaccess file is not in the right place.

I just checked 2 other sites that use vB3 and vBa links and they work fine in FF5 and IE9

No... nothing...

We are running a very old version of vBSEO and we have not made any changes to the mod_rewrite rules (our mod rewrite rules are in the apache2 config directories as we don't allow .htaccess for security reasons for many years).

Here are our mod_rewrite rules (been in place for a long time...)

<Directory /website/www/links>
    #               AllowOverride                
                     Options +FollowSymlinks
                    RewriteEngine On
                    RewriteBase /links
                    RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z_0-9\-]+)/robots\.txt$ robots.txt [QSA,L]
                    RewriteRule ^whatsnew/links/([0-9]+)/page([0-9]+).html$ browselinks.php?do=newlinks&cutoffdate=$1&page=$2 [QSA,L]
                    RewriteRule ^whatsnew/links/(([0-9]?|-)+/?)$ browselinks.php?do=newlinks&cutoffdate=$1 [QSA,L]
                    RewriteRule ^whatsnew/posts/([0-9]+)/page([0-9]+).html$ browselinks.php?do=newposts&cutoffdate=$1&page=$2 [QSA,L]                
                    RewriteRule ^whatsnew/posts/(([0-9]?|-)+/?)$ browselinks.php?do=newposts&cutoffdate=$1 [QSA,L]
                    RewriteRule ^whatspopular/([a-zA-Z_0-9\-]+)/$ browselinks.php?do=poplinks&orderby=$1 [QSA,L]
                    RewriteRule ^members/([a-zA-Z_0-9\-]+)/page([0-9]+).html$ browselinks.php?do=member&userrewrite=$1&page=$2 [QSA,L]
                    RewriteRule ^members/(([a-zA-Z_0-9]|-)+/?)$ browselinks.php?do=member&userrewrite=$1 [QSA,L]
                    RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z_0-9\-]+)/(([a-zA-Z0-9]|-)+)/?$ showlink.php?linkrewrite=$2&catrewrite=$1 [QSA,L]
                    RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z_0-9\-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9\-]+)/page([0-9]+).html$ showlink.php?linkrewrite=$2&catrewrite=$1&page=$3 [QSA,L]
                    RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z_0-9\-]+)/page([0-9]+).html$ browselinks.php?catrewrite=$1&page=$2 [QSA,L]
                    RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z_0-9\-]+)/?$ browselinks.php?catrewrite=$1 [QSA,L]

Thread Information