Thread: I can't post anywhere but in pre-sales

Unhappy I can't post anywhere but in pre-sales

I do not seem to be able to post anywhere but in presales we have a genuine version of Dynamics purchased from you and I have a number of questions that I wanted to ask with regards to setting this up.

But just to introduce things first - I am trying to set up your latest version of Dynamics, which is still a release candidate, with vBulletin 4 (4.1.7 patch level 1). We purchased this from you quite some time ago but had not used it due to the problems it has had, and as it is still a release candidate. We have to-date never used any product that is not a full version but as time is going on (it has been many months) and a finished version has yet to appear we are cautiously trying to get on with the version we have and hoping for the best.

I hope you will be able to help with a few issues we are having in setting this up.

Can I just ask my questions in pre-sales as this seems to be the only place I can post in?

On forums such as vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org they have a system where more than one admin can be assigned to a registered software account and you do not seem to have this. So perhaps this is the issue as to why I cannot post anywhere but presales and you cannot tell who has purchased what software.

Only the purchasing admin would gain posting rites against the username chosen at sign up.
    Seen vB5 beta? No more vbulletin for me, done , gone,finished .

That's no good if that is the case.

What if the purchasing admin is not the one who is setting it up?

It is most disappointing that we have not even been able to get off the starting blocks with what was purchased as a multi-use licence for a forum we had been running for quite sometime. But due to all the issues and problems this software has had we decided it was too risky to use with our established site for which it had been purchased.

So now we are trying to use it for a forum we have set up recently where any faults can hopefully not do as much damage as on an established site.

Anyway I have tried to send a support ticket to Brian. I hope he answers soon as there has been no reply to this thread from him as yet.

The only reason it is still labeled as "RC1" is because there are issues with the multi-page system and if you allow multiple paged entries then it is not possible to edit all pages at once as you used to be able to before vB switched to the new editor.
    As Carey mentioned, you will need to login into the account that the software was purchased with in order to have full access to all vBa Dynamics forums.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Does this mean I will have to post from someone elses account so 2 people will be using one account isn't this very messy?

Unhappy I can't get notification of replies to my email.

As you can see I am now posting from the other persons account as suggested.

However I have just realised the problem with this, is that if anyone replies to the posts / threads I have written I will not receive the notification as aam's email is in this account (and not mine), and if I change the email to mine then aam will not get notifications to his posts.

Brian, I don't know if there may be any way you can allow 2 peoples emails to be in one account so both can get replies, i.e. some sort of send copies to another email bit added into the user control panel area. As this may help if there is more than one admin running a site with a vBAdvanced product on it.

tfm
    (posting from aam's account)

Question Can you release a working version without multipages?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The only reason it is still labeled as "RC1" is because there are issues with the multi-page system ...
    Brian, if this is the case can you not temporarily release a finished (non RC1) version of the dynamics software with all the multipage stuff removed for people who do not want to use a Release Candidate software on their site.

I think it would be better to have the software without the faulty stuff in it. Then when you have had time to finish fixing the Dynamics multipage stuff you could re-release it with the multipages at this point.

tfm
    (posting from aam's account)

Sorry, but our system is not set up to allow for multiple e-mails. The only thing I could really offer is to transfer the license to your tfm account for you.

Releasing a non-RC version with the multi-page stuff removed would be pointless. The additional pages can still be edited, just not all at once.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Thread Information