Thread: Newbie question

Default Newbie question

I have no experience with the vBadvanced products and don't know if this is possible:
    Right now we are running vBulletin on a test server and looking to do the following.

We are a reef aquarium club and many members do DIY projects about lighting, filtration etc. on their tanks.
    With the regular forum threads things gets kinda cluttered and not the best way to present their work and their progress especially when other members start to post replies.
    It would be great if a member could post his project, progress and updates on the top and all reviews/comments below it. Other members should also be able to rate his work.
    My questions:
    1. I realize this software needs vBulletin but can it run kinda in a separate "section" and only be reached from a tab in the vBulletin navbar?
    2. When installing Dynamics is it going to take over different parts from vBulletin like layout, cms, sidebar etc?
    3. I run several ad-ons/plugins on the forum software. Might they be affected when installing Dynamics?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    Michael

1) Yes, set Dynamics as a front page or anything you want.

2) Dynamics will integrate with vB but won't affect the layout of your other pages/sections.

3) Other plugins/mods shouldn't (but could) affect vBa products , any issues ask in the forum here.

http://nikonites.com/products/standard-7/ is an example of what can be done.

and Phil's forum makes extensive use of Dynamics http://www.jeep-cj.com/articles/ all the articles are using Dynamics.
    Seen vB5 beta? No more vbulletin for me, done , gone,finished .

Thank you for your quick reply.

Looks like I am going to try it out as it looks very promising.

If for some reason the Dynamics would interfere with any of my plugins can Dynamics just be uninstalled and everything will be reverted to the original state?

Thread Information