Thread: Control panel issue + booting off issue

Default Control panel issue + booting off issue

Hi Everyone! Great work john!

I am having 2 issues with V3 arcade 0.9.1 - I'm running Vbulletin 3.5.1

1 - First issue is that the settings and control panel from the user CP - namely
    Settings & Options
    Edit Signature
    Edit Email & Password
    Edit Arcade Options
    Edit Profile
    Edit Options
    Edit Avatar
    Edit Profile Picture

when clicked - All yield a blank page for all users (members, mods, admins) so nobody can change their settings. It seems directly related to the arcade cuz when we disable it - it works fine.

2 - Some users are getting a flash error when they click on the forum main page. This flash error boots them off and closes their browser window.

Are their any solutions to these problems?
    95% (except the 5% that have reported probs) of our users LOVE the arcade.

Thanks so much,

Kooley

E-Mail me the script and I'll check it out. Or post this on the right board. As in 'Premium Support'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo
    E-Mail me the script and I'll check it out. Or post this on the right board. As in 'Premium Support'.
    Obviously it's the same script as everyone else has - the problem seems to be isolated to a few people. Whether it's a server issue or a hack conflict, I'm not sure yet - we might have to take it to public beta first.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Obviously it's the same script as everyone else has - the problem seems to be isolated to a few people. Whether it's a server issue or a hack conflict, I'm not sure yet - we might have to take it to public beta first.
    Personally I would say it is down to a function conflict caused by another hack, either previous or recent, or definately something along those lines, a few hacks over at vbulletin.org have been doing that, especially the advanced warning system which especially hates anything Inferno (by Zero Tolerance), although that may not be the case in this instance, it does seem to be one of the most obvious possible answers.

I'd say the best bet first of all is to ask people what other hacks they have installed and see if there is a common denominator among them, it may not help, but theres a chance it could shed some light.

I can't see how a server configuration could make this happen though, otherwise it would be happening with or without the arcade hack installed surely and I'd say a lot more people would probably be suffering from this bug if that was the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Detomah
    Personally I would say it is down to a function conflict caused by another hack, either previous or recent, or definately something along those lines, a few hacks over at vbulletin.org have been doing that, especially the advanced warning system which especially hates anything Inferno (by Zero Tolerance), although that may not be the case in this instance, it does seem to be one of the most obvious possible answers.

I'd say the best bet first of all is to ask people what other hacks they have installed and see if there is a common denominator among them, it may not help, but theres a chance it could shed some light.

I can't see how a server configuration could make this happen though, otherwise it would be happening with or without the arcade hack installed surely and I'd say a lot more people would probably be suffering from this bug if that was the case?
    I haven't been keeping up with PHP release changes, but I can remember a few times in the past when changes in default release configurations changed code behaviour in certain hacks, that's my only basis for suggesting it as a possibility. (And if I remember correctly, someone said they had this problem on a stock installation?)

Quote Originally Posted by John
    And if I remember correctly, someone said they had this problem on a stock installation?
    If thats the case, that could be a absolute nightmare to try and make the arcade compatible with a variety of different php versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Detomah
    If thats the case, that could be a absolute nightmare to try and make the arcade compatible with a variety of different php versions.
    I'm sure I could nail the problem if I could replicate it. If anyone can get this happening on their server with a test installation (and they're willing to give me access), I'm sure I could fix it easily.

Thread Information