Thread: Suggestion - Disable minimum rep

Default Suggestion - Disable minimum rep

as a result of "rep wars" a number of my users have very negative reputations... all the new games and imported games default to not be available to anyone with a rep below 0- that would knock out a lot of members... I fixed it for now with an sql statement to set the minimum rep to -10000000 but I'll have to remember to set it for every newly added game- it would be best to have a way to ignore rep altogether.

Default Re: Suggestion - Disable minimum rep

You can edit the default value for the field in the db and the code, effectively making it so you never have to edit it again.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
    as a result of "rep wars" a number of my users have very negative reputations... all the new games and imported games default to not be available to anyone with a rep below 0- that would knock out a lot of members... I fixed it for now with an sql statement to set the minimum rep to -10000000 but I'll have to remember to set it for every newly added game- it would be best to have a way to ignore rep altogether.
    Joe, I think you're the first to ask to allow negative rep users to be given access but a way of either disabling that particular check at a global level is a good idea.

I'll keep it mind for the next round of major changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ideal Web Tech View Post
    You can edit the default value for the field in the db and the code, effectively making it so you never have to edit it again.
    I didn't think of that, if it's a default value in the DB I can change it- if it's in the code I'm less confident I'll find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Joe, I think you're the first to ask to allow negative rep users to be given access but a way of either disabling that particular check at a global level is a good idea.

I'll keep it mind for the next round of major changes.
    Thanks.

Just to followup setting the default value for the minimum rep field in the database works great.

Thread Information