Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IbProArcade games not saving scores

Default Re: IbProArcade games not saving scores

LOL yeah you have to Idiot proof the instructoins for some of us .

I'm running VB 4.0.8, and some games are not saving scores. I'm not sure if the games have ever worked, I downloaded a load from http://www.ibpdownloads.com, some scores save and some dont. I have been deleting some of the games that dont save.
    I have done the mod. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by rootsxrocks View Post
    LOL yeah you have to Idiot proof the instructoins for some of us .
    That includes me!

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmDan View Post
    I'm running VB 4.0.8, and some games are not saving scores. I'm not sure if the games have ever worked, I downloaded a load from http://www.ibpdownloads.com, some scores save and some dont. I have been deleting some of the games that dont save.
    I have done the mod. Any suggestions?
    Not sure how to answer that one... if it is unknown if the games have ever worked, but other IPB games are saving the scores after making the change to your index file, there is really no way for me to know what the problem might be (short of tearing apart the game's SWF file but unless you have the game creator's permission I'm not about to ask for a copy of it).

my arcade is running inside vBulletin. What do I edit to make this change?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Singo View Post
    my arcade is running inside vBulletin. What do I edit to make this change?
    Lord Slingo, you're using vBSuite CMS so you would make the edit to the index.php stated in this thread -

http://www.v3arcade.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3215
    Arcade Junkies - one site, two arcades and a whole lot of other goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

Not sure how to answer that one... if it is unknown if the games have ever worked, but other IPB games are saving the scores after making the change to your index file, there is really no way for me to know what the problem might be (short of tearing apart the game's SWF file but unless you have the game creator's permission I'm not about to ask for a copy of it).
    I have got a game called Lucky Stars, its an IPB games, has proven quite popular, many people are trying to beat the chamption but get zero for score since the arcade is now v3arcade.

I have checked the index.php file many times. although I dont have content.php as default but the forum. i have still added the include file, and the include file is present.

/**
    * Use the CMS as the default script:
    */

require_once('./includes/v3arcade_vbsuite_index_compatibility.php');
    // require('content.php');

/**
    * Use the forum as the default script:
    */

require('forum.php');
    This is a game that once worked. I'm running VB4.0.8.

If you need any info that could help me just let me know.

Thanks

I've just installed this game on my site and tried it - scores fine so it's not a game problem.

Can you check and see that you've got an 'arcade' folder with a subfolder called 'gamedata' within it?

If you do have these folders could you check (for this particular game) that the 'luckystarsv32Th' contains the files index.htm, luckystarsv32Th.txt and v32game.txt

Also check to see if the gamedata folder is writable

Scores aren't saving on my vb4.08 Publishing Suite. I tried the index change code. Didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    I've just installed this game on my site and tried it - scores fine so it's not a game problem.

Can you check and see that you've got an 'arcade' folder with a subfolder called 'gamedata' within it?

If you do have these folders could you check (for this particular game) that the 'luckystarsv32Th' contains the files index.htm, luckystarsv32Th.txt and v32game.txt

Also check to see if the gamedata folder is writable
    Thanks for your reply. The game is now working, what I done is went to reinstall the game. It said it was already installed. Now when the game is played the scores are saved. Very odd.
    My server is WINNT
    Web Server IIS v6 (cgi-fcgi)
    PHP 5.2.6

So maybe there could be something quirky due to being MS windows server.

This is still not working for me. I have added the code to the index.

Please advise

For the Mochi issue, a change to the Mochi API has been recently identified and another update will be made available soon.
    has there been an update on this?
    It seems like the games I find via the mochi setup same the high score inside the game itself.?
    I'd rather not go anywhere else for games if I can get them through the admin panel but only if the scores save otherwise it's loses a lot of the interactiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Sheley View Post
    has there been an update on this?
    It seems like the games I find via the mochi setup same the high score inside the game itself.?
    I'd rather not go anywhere else for games if I can get them through the admin panel but only if the scores save otherwise it's loses a lot of the interactiveness.
    You should be fine with the current version version of v3A as long as you're running vB 4.0.8 (thanks to those darn profile page changes). Both the vB3 & vB4 versions of v3A were fixed some time ago for the change.

Looking at your site, the only thing that is catching my attention really is that you're using .htaccess to redirect /index.php to / which is likely the cause of saving score issues that you may be having. The v3A formatted games (that come with a fresh install of v3A) and the Mochi "bridge" (to allow sites to save Mochi scores locally) post back to the index.php script.

If you are having problems yet with scores saving, and if it is just .htaccess you're using to redirect index.php (as opposed to vBSEO that you're also using) then let me know your .htaccess redirect method and I'll try it on my test site.

You should be fine with the current version version of v3A as long as you're running vB 4.0.8 (thanks to those darn profile page changes). Both the vB3 & vB4 versions of v3A were fixed some time ago for the change.

Looking at your site, the only thing that is catching my attention really is that you're using .htaccess to redirect /index.php to / which is likely the cause of saving score issues that you may be having. The v3A formatted games (that come with a fresh install of v3A) and the Mochi "bridge" (to allow sites to save Mochi scores locally) post back to the index.php script.

If you are having problems yet with scores saving, and if it is just .htaccess you're using to redirect index.php (as opposed to vBSEO that you're also using) then let me know your .htaccess redirect method and I'll try it on my test site.
    thanks for the reply Kevin,
    I do use vbseo to clean up the index.php and forum.php file, is there a way for the games to save the scores correctly, yet still keep my pages clean?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Sheley View Post
    thanks for the reply Kevin,
    I do use vbseo to clean up the index.php and forum.php file, is there a way for the games to save the scores correctly, yet still keep my pages clean?
    Just realized I had a slight brain melt... mochi & v3A games postback to arcade.php, not index.php.

In short...
    Mochi games = arcade.php
    v3A games = arcade.php
    IPB games = index.php

It is IPB games you're having an issue with, not Mochi (or at least shouldn't be if you're not rewriting arcade.php to something else).

For IPB game compatibility the hook "forumhome_start" is used to execute the code. The big question then is when your vBSEO redirect removes the "index.php" from the URL how is that affecting that hook location executing? I don't have an answer for that yet.

Then it should work, these are the "Mochi" that are installed through the admin panel via "Browse MochiMedia.com Games", but all the ones I've tested don't save the scores to the site.

also I get this message on a few games

"Brandon, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"
    like this game
    http://general-forums.com/arcade.php?do=play&gameid=114

ps.. sorry, I just saw this thread was about the ipb games, my post can be merged elsewhere if you'd like.

Is crossdomain.xml uploaded to your forumroot Brandon?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    Is crossdomain.xml uploaded to your forumroot Brandon?
    not that I see..
    should I? I don't see it mentioned in the read me, but I do see it in the zip above the forums.

*edit* that seems to do it, thanks a million!

ARRRGHH I forgot to do this again for 4.08 Is there any hope we will be able to do something that will prevent us from having to do this each update?

when i go to www.mysite.com/ this error is show on the top of page

Notice: Undefined index: do in www.mysite.com/\includes\v3arcade_vbsuite_index_compatibility.php on line 10

Notice: Undefined index: do in www.mysite.com/\includes\v3arcade_vbsuite_index_compatibility.php on line 27

Notice: Undefined index: do in www.mysite.com/\includes\v3arcade_vbsuite_index_compatibility.php on line 71
    what is an error??
    i install VB4.0.8 PL2

Quote Originally Posted by mhamedm2008 View Post
    when i go to www.mysite.com/ this error is show on the top of page

Notice: Undefined index: do in www.mysite.com/\includes\v3arcade_vbsuite_index_compatibility.php on line 10

Notice: Undefined index: do in www.mysite.com/\includes\v3arcade_vbsuite_index_compatibility.php on line 27

Notice: Undefined index: do in www.mysite.com/\includes\v3arcade_vbsuite_index_compatibility.php on line 71
    what is an error??
    i install VB4.0.8 PL2
    Try this - http://www.v3arcade.com/forums/showp...69&postcount=6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information