Thread: Login again!!!

Default Login again!!!

I installed you plugin in my site that i downloaded from vB.org from this post and when i try to get to the arcade, i end up having to login again?? WHY?? All my usergroup Arcade options are set up to YES since i'm the admin and still......login!!!!
    Tried to find answers in here or VB and ....nothing seems to come up with details on how to fix this! Funny fact is that this is happening from my 3.8.6 and from my test site 4.0.6, it doesn't!?

Any one with a clue on why it's doing that??? I read in here somewhere that the solution might have to import the crossdomain XML but ......where and how? By the ACP plugins&manage product import or FTP to the root?!?!?

I read a lot of threads in your site and seems like a lot of them are not answered or correctly fixed! WHY?

Also, when importing from the v3 Arcade - Mass Game Import option ,
    The location of your uploaded files, in relation to your root forum folder. It should be readable AND writable by your web server (usually chmod 0777).
    I have chmod every thing as per your recommendation and FTP 75 games from a friend of mine into the admincp/games folder and when i click the "start".......result=no more game to upload! The games are all in .swf format, why do i get this result???

Disappointment it is

Default Re: Login again!!!

Also, when importing from the v3 Arcade - Mass Game Import option ,
    Quote:
    The location of your uploaded files, in relation to your root forum folder. It should be readable AND writable by your web server (usually chmod 0777).
    I have chmod every thing as per your recommendation and FTP 75 games from a friend of mine into the admincp/games folder and when i click the "start".......result=no more game to upload! The games are all in .swf format, why do i get this result???
    Are they .zip or .tar files?
    Arcade Junkies - one site, two arcades and a whole lot of other goodies.

The files are all in .swf Was sent in a package from my bud in RAR but once extracted they are all normal .swf! I guess it's missing some kind of an installer!?!?

If the files are just .swf you would need to add them manually and would also need to upload 2 images to go with each game. To do this the .swf gets uploaded to your games folder and the two images (one 20*20px and one 50*50px) get uploaded to your images/arcade folder. You would then need to go into your AdminCP>v3Arcade>Install Games>Manually Add Game, then fill in the details........

Game Title: simple enough ie Pacman
    Description: blah blah blah
    Game System: you would need to know what type on conversion they were made for
    Game SWF File: ie pacman.swf
    Height: varies per game
    Width: as above
    Standard Thumbnail Image: ie pacman1.jpg
    Miniature Mode Thumbnail Image : ie pacman2.jpg
    Then fill in the last couple of details.

Firstly you would need to know if the .swf had been decompiled and altered to allow submission of scores to either v3arcade or IPB Arcade, unaltered .swf won't record scores. Manually adding games isn't advised and should be avoided IMO as it is a long and tedious process

There are tons of sites that supply 'converted' games that work with the arcade, IPB v32 games which come as .tar files and v3arcade games which are .zip files - you simply upload the .tar or .zip files to your Admin>Games folder via FTp and then in AdminCP>v3Arcade>Import Games>Choose the Mass Import option that coincides with either .tar or .zip and click Start.
    Arcade Junkies - one site, two arcades and a whole lot of other goodies.

Tks Gemma Tho this helps a lot, i still have the login problem

For the double login issue, it appears to be a cookie issue.

For example, the URL associated with your license is http://private.com (not the real URL, just an example ) but when I go to your site and look at the links in your navbar they all have http://WWW.private.com as the URL (note the WWW). Depending upon how your vB cookies are configured those are treated as two different sites and therefor two different login cookies.

I would recommend selecting which URLs you want to go with, either with or without the WWW, making sure that URL matches your settings in your vB ACP, and then using a .htaccess file to redirect the non-preferred URL to the preferred one.

I don't understand you there Kevin! My URL are both set to http://www.mywebsite.com in the Site Name / URL / Contact Details .

I switched the URL's to http://mywebsite.com instead and it did the job!
    Tks

Thread Information