Thread: Scores not saving from Mochi games.

Question Scores not saving from Mochi games.

Hey,
    I've just today set up my v3Arcade, everything seems to be working perfectly except that scores from the Mochi games aren't being added to the VB leaderboard.
    The scores from the default games provided during installation are adding perfectly with no problems.

No error is displayed to inform why the score hasn't been saved. The score is submitted to Mochi but never to the VB leaderboard.

The site never attempts to redirect to the score page at the end of the game either like it does the default included games.

I've got the crossdomain.xml in the root folder.
    I've set up all the details from your FAQ exactly as specificed and been over it many times to be sure.

I'm using the latest version of v3Arcade obtained from Vbulletin.org on Vbulletin 4.1.6.

If you can shine any light on why its not working that would be great.

Thanks
    - Matt

Default Re: Scores not saving from Mochi games.

To add even more confusion to this issue one of the games has started working now.
    I had tried this game many times with no success getting it to submit then all of a sudden it did it once and carried on doing it.
    But the issue still persists for other games.

I'm gonna keep downloading more games to see if any more work but if anyone has anymore advice be great.

Could be one several reasons,

Are the games 'leaderboard enabled' games?
    Have you got another tab (window) open with a Mochi game playing?
    Any AdBlocker programs running?

I have the same problem.
    The default games work.. But the Moochi enabled games.. once the games over it says error you don't have permission.. but yet on all the other non-moochi enabled games it works fine.. and yes leaderboard is enabled.

Upload the file "crossdomain.xml" to your root, than it works.

Basically the same issue is happening to me. When I finish a game, no high score is recorded ... for SOME games.
    MaxLiao, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    I'm currently in the process of building a new site, and the arcade is a feature my members like from our current site.

• I turned off anything to do with my firewall, virus scanner, ad blocker, etc.
    • I do have the crossdomain.xml file in my root directory

The only game for which I can get a high score to save is Asteroids. Not a single other one that I have tested works. They all come up with the error above.

In case this info can help, the games I've tried are:
    • Asteroids (works)
    • Billy Bob Bash (does not work)
    • I Want You Dead, Santa (does not work)
    • Ninja Mushroom (does not work)
    • Pee Fishing (does not work)
    • Spectromancer: Truth Beauty (does not work)
    • Space Invaders (works)
    • Snake (works)
    • Chopper Challenge (works)
    • Wonderputt (does not work)
    • Kart On (does not work)
    • Tetris (works)
    • Atomic Puzzle (does not work)

So, I wonder if there's just something about certain games - maybe they were never intended to work? In the mean time, I'll continue testing and update the list above with those that do and do not work as time permits.
    Last edited by MaxLiao; 03-27-2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Added more games that work and that don't work.

Same as everyone else has said not working for me either only the default games

Quote Originally Posted by MaxLiao View Post
    Basically the same issue is happening to me. When I finish a game, no high score is recorded ... for SOME games.

I'm currently in the process of building a new site, and the arcade is a feature my members like from our current site.

• I turned off anything to do with my firewall, virus scanner, ad blocker, etc.
    • I do have the crossdomain.xml file in my root directory

The only game for which I can get a high score to save is Asteroids. Not a single other one that I have tested works. They all come up with the error above.

In case this info can help, the games I've tried are:
    • Asteroids (works)
    • Billy Bob Bash (does not work)
    • I Want You Dead, Santa (does not work)
    • Ninja Mushroom (does not work)
    • Pee Fishing (does not work)
    • Spectromancer: Truth Beauty (does not work)
    • Space Invaders (works)
    • Snake (works)
    • Chopper Challenge (works)
    • Wonderputt (does not work)
    • Kart On (does not work)
    • Tetris (works)
    • Atomic Puzzle (does not work)

So, I wonder if there's just something about certain games - maybe they were never intended to work? In the mean time, I'll continue testing and update the list above with those that do and do not work as time permits.
    Can you send me a link to your site?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    Can you send me a link to your site?
    http://maxliao.com/lom_vB4/

It's an under construction/test site at the moment. I can PM you the test account username and password, since guests don't have access to the Arcade Games.

Put crossdomain.xml in your site root so it looks like this

http://maxliao.com/crossdomain.xml

Most of those Mochi games you've listed should work

Okay, that did seem to fix it, and yes, I know it was mentioned in the instructions. I misunderstood root to be the forum root not the webserver root.

However, my concern now is when the site goes live - when legionofmyth.com points to maxliao.com/lom_vB4/ will I have to move the file back at that point, or will root in this case always be maxliao.com/lom_vB4/ even when the public URL will be legionofmyth.com?

Thanks for the assist.

It should always be the top level of whichever domain you are using and not any subfolders - http://www.mydomain.com/crossdomain.xml

Thread Information