Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not secure connection

Quote Originally Posted by KW802 View Post
    The connection to PayPal.com is secure. Displaying the graphic from vbadvanced.com over HTTP does not change that fact.
    Going forward I've already posted in the vBa staff forum to bring this topic to the attention of the owner of vBa, Brian, and his primary server tech person, Zachery. They will work on a resolution in case there is ever another situation such as this (to my knowledge, it is the first report of anybody being concerned about it). In the interim if you think the single image from vBadvanced.com is suspicious then submit the support ticket so that an alternate manual payment can be worked out.
    Thanks for the info. But I trust Chrome or Opera. No green bar - no secure connection. Every secure connection = green bar and no warnings. It's obvious.

Your concerns are appreciated, thank you for reporting them.

The situation is being looked into and update will be posted when available.

If you have any other questions please feel free to create a new thread.

As Kevin said, our logo in the header is what was causing the message. There is nothing malicious within our logo. We've had it shown there for over 8 years now without ever having a problem or anyone showing concern. Regardless, I've removed the logo for now to ease your mind.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by CareyCrew View Post
    Um, Kevin I think there is something going on here. I checked earlier and found the connection secure. I went back in Waterfox to get a screenshot and got warnings of the unencrypted content making the connection unsafe.

Then went to check in Opera and got a PayPAl error message ---- can't connect try again later.

Went back in using Opera and that now throws an insecure connection DO Not Proceed warning.
    this you get when a image or a link goes outside secure area
    so when you run https and load a image form http then you get this error
    has nothing to do with security but the message is correct because there are insecure items in the site ( a img from a not https part )

thats all

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    As Kevin said, our logo in the header is what was causing the message. There is nothing malicious within our logo. We've had it shown there for over 8 years now without ever having a problem or anyone showing concern. Regardless, I've removed the logo for now to ease your mind.
    How many customers you lost because of this logo? You don't know. I don't think your logo is malicious. Google thinks, Opera thinks. Don't blame me.

BTW. Now I can and I will buy Links Directory

Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information