Thread: V3Arcade not using Leaderboards from Mochi

Default V3Arcade not using Leaderboards from Mochi

I am using the latest VB3 version, and importing leaderboard enabled games from Mochi, but when they are imported, top scores are disabled, and enabling them does nothing.

Am I missing something?

What exactly are you trying to do? Mochi leaderboard enabled games will save the scores from your site members to your local copy of v3A.

That's the thing, they aren't saving the scores locally. They get imported, and it ignores the setting first of all. When I enable it, it just continues to ignore the setting.

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight View Post
    That's the thing, they aren't saving the scores locally. They get imported, and it ignores the setting first of all. When I enable it, it just continues to ignore the setting.
    What setting where?

"Disable High Scores
    Turn this option on if this game does not use a scoring system or you otherwise do not want to record scores for this game."

That is enabled when I import a scoring game from mochi. Disabling it does not allow it to start using scores either.

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight View Post
    "Disable High Scores
    Turn this option on if this game does not use a scoring system or you otherwise do not want to record scores for this game."

That is enabled when I import a scoring game from mochi. Disabling it does not allow it to start using scores either.
    That should should be left off for most games. It is for games where no scores are saved, such as puzzle games and that type. You could also use it for Mochi games that *aren't* leaderboard enabled.

Have you made sure you aren't using any adblockers and did all of the items in step #6 of the Mochi FAQ?

Oh, I didn't enter the "Auto post" URL before. But I just entered it now and uploaded the XML, and tried adding some games. High scores are still disabled.

When I try to force enable high scores, vbulletin tries to open this URL and gives a permission error: forums/arcade.php?sessdo=burn&mochigame=117
    Last edited by lowlight; 03-23-2012 at 10:00 PM.

same troubles over here. just installed new forum.registered @ http://www.mochimedia.com and followed publisher steps for the codes.
    initial 5 games that came with the install work fine and scores are submited. i verified my website,inserted MochiMedia Secret Key and MochiMedia Publisher ID into V3Arcade settings in Admincp.
    still doesnt work to submit new highscores from new games i add. it ends with /arcade.php?sessdo=burn&mochigame=102.
    score not submited, forum permission error message for myself. others game work fine therefore its not a problem with thepermissions.checked x-times already.

any help in this matter ?
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ede View Post
    same troubles over here. just installed new forum.registered @ http://www.mochimedia.com and followed publisher steps for the codes.
    initial 5 games that came with the install work fine and scores are submited. i verified my website,inserted MochiMedia Secret Key and MochiMedia Publisher ID into V3Arcade settings in Admincp.
    still doesnt work to submit new highscores from new games i add. it ends with /arcade.php?sessdo=burn&mochigame=102.
    score not submited, forum permission error message for myself. others game work fine therefore its not a problem with thepermissions.checked x-times already.

any help in this matter ?
    thanks.
    Can you PM me a link to your site so I can take a look?

I'm having the same issue with Mochi games as Ede. If you find out what the issue is, please share. :3

Did you upload the crossdomain.xml file to your site root?

ie - http://www.mydomain.com/crossdomain.xml

I'm about to give up on mochi games. I've put crossdomain.xml in my site root, I've disabled adblock (and asked members to disable it and see if that helps), and games still randomly (and often) don't save high scores. Sometimes people get the no permissions error message. Sometimes they get a zero score rather than whatever they earned in the game.

I have v3arcade installed on two sites. I was planning to install on a third site, but will probably wait until I can get the problems resolved (or quit messing with mochi games).

Thread Information