Thread: ...remove cmps and dynamics

Default ...remove cmps and dynamics

I have old versions of cmps and dynamics on my vBulletin forum. After upgrading from vBulletin 3.8.7 to 4.1.11PL1, I'm receiving the following error when trying to enter my forum:

====================
    Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/includes/vba_cmps_include_template.php on line 50

Fatal error: Call to a member function query_first() on a non-object in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php on line 639
    ====================

I read several posts where you suggested that there was no need to uninstall CMPS. So I didn't. But I think maybe I should have.

Is this a case where I need to install the current version of CMPS then use the uninstaller?

I'd also like to remove dynamics from my forum/database but when trying to run the install.php in order to UNinstall it, I get the message stating I'm trying to install onto an older vBulletin version.

I loved these modifications several years ago when I used them. But I no longer want them.

I've searched here and read post after post of people having trouble UNinstalling these modifications. There has to be an easier way.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by kirkus-tat; 04-01-2012 at 03:08 PM.

I wanted to update this for others who might have the same question(s), and also so Brian wouldn't spend his time replying.

I downloaded the latest version of CMPS (I still don't understand why this is a FREE modification), uploaded all the files, then ran UNinstall from the installer.

The uninstaller ran without a hiccup and now my 4.1.11 forum appears to be running just fine.

::

I may not worry about uninstalling Dynamics. If it doesn't create any problems, and I don't know why it should, I'll just leave it alone.

Having said that, Brian. If I decided to upgrade my membership here so that I can download the latest version of Dynamics to use the installer to uninstall it, would you expect Dynamics to uninstall has easily as CMPS did?

The process to uninstall Dynamics should be just as easy as uninstalling the CMPS. It shouldn't hurt anything to leave the old Dynamics stuff on your server, but if you would like to uninstall without using the installer then you could go to the Products section of you Admin CP and uninstall from there, remove any adv_dyna_* tables from your database using phpMyAdmin or something similar, and then remove the dynamics folder and any files (you'll should find a list of files in the readme.html file that comes with the download).
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Hi Brian,

I did as suggested above, now when attempting to go to my AdminCP I'm receiving a DB error in the browser and the following email from my server:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT administrator.*,
    userfield.*, usertextfield.*, user.*, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(passworddate) AS passworddate, user.languageid AS saved_languageid,
    IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid,
    language.phrasegroup_global AS phrasegroup_global,
    language.phrasegroup_cphome AS phrasegroup_cphome,
    language.phrasegroup_cpglobal AS phrasegroup_cpglobal,
    language.phrasegroup_adv_dyna AS phrasegroup_adv_dyna,
    language.phrasegroupinfo AS lang_phrasegroupinfo,
    language.options AS lang_options,
    language.languagecode AS lang_code,
    language.charset AS lang_charset,
    language.locale AS lang_locale,
    language.imagesoverride AS lang_imagesoverride,
    language.dateoverride AS lang_dateoverride,
    language.timeoverride AS lang_timeoverride,
    language.registereddateoverride AS lang_registereddateoverride,
    language.calformat1override AS lang_calformat1override,
    language.calformat2override AS lang_calformat2override,
    language.logdateoverride AS lang_logdateoverride,
    language.decimalsep AS lang_decimalsep,
    language.thousandsep AS lang_thousandsep

FROM user AS user
    LEFT JOIN userfield AS userfield ON (user.userid = userfield.userid)
    LEFT JOIN usertextfield AS usertextfield ON (usertextfield.userid = user.userid) LEFT JOIN administrator AS administrator ON (administrator.userid = user.userid) LEFT JOIN language AS language ON (language.languageid = IF(user.languageid = 0, 1, user.languageid))

WHERE user.userid = 223;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'language.phrasegroup_adv_dyna' in 'field list'
    Error Number : 1054

Any ideas?

You'll also need to remove any 'adv_dyna_*' columns from your 'language' table.
    CMPS Users Manual

If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    You'll also need to remove any 'adv_dyna_*' columns from your 'language' table.
    I found my old copy of Dynamics 1.1, the version that was still installed. I restored my forum, uploaded the vbadyna_install.php, ran it, and selected "uninstall". It went through it's process and I'm still receiving the SQL error I posted just above.

I've tried this twice now.

There are no 'adv_dyna_*' columns in my language table. And now I can't even reinstall the thing because of this SQL error.

It takes a lot to get me to complain about something. But it's simply not right that Dynamics is this difficult to remove. Why is there an uninstall option if it doesn't uninstall?

There simply has to be a way to get this thing out of my forum and off my server.

Are you receiving this error on all forum pages, or just your CMPS pages? If you're receiving it on other vB forum pages then it sounds more like you have some custom or 3rd party plugins installed that are still trying to access the vBa Dynamics phrases. If it's just the CMPS then it sounds like you still have some vBa Dynamics modules active on your CMPS pages.
    CMPS Users Manual

All CMPS pages (but I have all forum pages integrated with CMPS because I like the modules down the side of my forum). Fortunately it's on a Dev site, so it's not time-sensitive.

I know it doesn't hurt anything just leaving Dynamics there, I'm not using it anyway. But I'd wanted to get as clean an installation as possible (I'm removing ALL 3rd party plugins).

It sounds like you have a vBa Dynamics module active on the CMPS page you're using for integration then. Remove that module and the error should go away.
    CMPS Users Manual

I just joined and still do not know and understand this application. Does anyone want to explain?

Thread Information