Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vB 5 and vBa

Default vB 5 and vBa

Hi Brian,

It's no secret that vBa has not been developing their products. Do you plan to upgrade vBa products, or will you be throwing in the towel once vB 5 is released? It will help small site owners like me decide if we want to stay with vB or look for another solution, as if there are a lot of choices.

Thanks

Yes, I do plan to upgrade vBa products to work with vB5. I can't make any promises when they will be ready though.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Thank you for the honest answer. As this point with vB5, I might finally move anyhow. It has nothing to do with you or your products (unless they weren't upgraded), I think what they are offering so far is garbage, and there's no evidence it will get better.

Splendid.

I can't afford to upgrade to 5, so I'm hoping vba products for 4 will still be developed.
    Sim Fans UK - Sims downloads and discussion

Quote Originally Posted by angeljs View Post
    I'm hoping vba products for 4 will still be developed.
    I'd like to hope so too

Thumbs up

Hello Brian. I think you should put a price for vbadvanced in order to earn some money and keep vbadvanced more updated.
    I think the people dont care about buy it by 10 dollars, and you would do more updates and would keep up to date vbadvanced.

It´s just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Yes, I do plan to upgrade vBa products to work with vB5. I can't make any promises when they will be ready though.
    Great to here about this, Brian!

I am working with vB5 on my site (still beta), and will be looking forward to installing vBadvanced as soon as it's released.

Thanks for a great piece of software.

Derwin

Quote Originally Posted by Derwin View Post
    Great to here about this, Brian!

I am working with vB5 on my site (still beta), and will be looking forward to installing vBadvanced as soon as it's released.

Thanks for a great piece of software.

Derwin
    Take this with a grain of salt. Keep in mind this was the last time Brian posted, almost 3 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert05 View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt. Keep in mind this was the last time Brian posted, almost 3 months ago.
    Well, maybe he's been busy working on the vB5 upgrade! lol

I always like to think positive!

vB5 is been officially published, but the front page looks like a disaster, I've not installed yet, but it's been hardly criticized. vBadvanced looks like te best option to fill this hole. Is there any news about a VB5 compatibility?

Yep. vBulletin just released the official "STABLE" version of vbulletin 5 Connect today, and I'll be installing it on my live site.

I sure hope Brian is doing well. I also hope he releases the vBa 5 version soon.

I think vb5 is a disaster and will be the end of them. It's unusable and they made the ridiculous mistake of releasing it as Gold.
    I suspect Brian will hold off for a while to see if they are able to release a product people will actually use.

I don't know about it being a "disaster", really. I have it installed on a testing account, and my members really love the way it looks.

What it needs, though, is a good portal. That's where vbAdvanced comes in, I hope.

I purchased 3 copies of vb5 for my forums, and hope to get them up and running soon.

I'm glad to hear it's working well for you. There have been almost no positive comments on their site.
    Personally I hate it, really hate it. When I visit their site I feel lost and leave with a very bad feeling. When I go to my site, vb4.x, I feel refreshed. I think they have made a real mess of a decent product.

Well, I didn't say, exactly, that it was working for me. I have it installed on a test site, and haven't gone "live" with it yet.

Go back in time and read what people said about 4.0 when it first launched and you'll see a bunch of people griping about it also.

You'll always feel at home with what you're familiar with.. that's just human nature.

As for the look and feel of vb5, I love it, really love it. I've also been to their forum that they just upgraded, and had no problem finding my way around. It's new. It's exciting. I really love it. But, yeah, they may have released the gold version a bit too soon, I don't know. I'll find out when I go live with it.

Well, I finally got vbulletin 5 installed on my site, clubnook.com, and it is a complete disaster, to say the least. There are SO MANY glitches in that system that I can't even count them all. From things in the admin area not working properly, to my members not being able to log in using the latest edition of IE, to the site crashing constantly on mobile devices... IT IS AN EPIC FAILURE.

So, dilbert05, I owe you an apology. You were/are 100% correct about vBulletin 5. I not only wasted my money on this crap software, but I've probably lost members as well because of the issues. It's a total debacle.

Now I have the task of trying to go back to vbulletin 4, which will not be easy.

I should have listened to you.

Derwin,

So sorry to hear this. If the system "functions" for you, possibly your site can survive until they come up with an upgrade?

No apologies needed, I am sorry for your pain.

Well, I wish I could simply stick with it. Heck, it would save more aggravation, that's for sure. But the software is deeply flawed.. at least the upgrade they installed on my site.

I see no way of sticking with it. I've already lost ad money, as well as some members as a result. It was the worst decision I've ever made since starting this forum.

I wish I could get my money back from vbulletin for this upgrade, though. But I don't think they'll be open to that idea, since I purchased this freakin thing back when it was first released in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Derwin View Post
    Well, I wish I could simply stick with it..
    You cant stick with it. It will not be useful until 1 or 2 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information