Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vB 5 and vBa

Yeah.... that's what I said. The software is deeply flawed, and I see no way of sticking with it.

Like you said, maybe in a year or two they will have it figured out.

And, hey, HenrikHansen... stop spamming me trying to make me switch to XenForo.

I may not be happy with vb5, but I do enjoy vb4 on all of my sites. Spamming me will not change that.

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert05 View Post
    I think vb5 is a disaster and will be the end of them. It's unusable and they made the ridiculous mistake of releasing it as Gold.
    I suspect Brian will hold off for a while to see if they are able to release a product people will actually use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derwin View Post
    I don't know about it being a "disaster", really. I have it installed on a testing account, and my members really love the way it looks.

What it needs, though, is a good portal. That's where vbAdvanced comes in, I hope.

I purchased 3 copies of vb5 for my forums, and hope to get them up and running soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dilbert05 View Post
    I'm glad to hear it's working well for you. There have been almost no positive comments on their site.
    Personally I hate it, really hate it. When I visit their site I feel lost and leave with a very bad feeling. When I go to my site, vb4.x, I feel refreshed. I think they have made a real mess of a decent product.
    Well, I finally got vbulletin 5 installed on my site, clubnook.com, and it is a complete disaster, to say the least. There are SO MANY glitches in that system that I can't even count them all. From things in the admin area not working properly, to my members not being able to log in using the latest edition of IE, to the site crashing constantly on mobile devices... IT IS AN EPIC FAILURE.

So, dilbert05, I owe you an apology. You were/are 100% correct about vBulletin 5. I not only wasted my money on this crap software, but I've probably lost members as well because of the issues. It's a total debacle.

Now I have the task of trying to go back to vbulletin 4, which will not be easy.

I should have listened to you.
    I have vb5 installed on my site and it works great for me .. I have very small issues occasionally but for the most part it works awesome. of course I have a very small private site which does make a difference I am told .. but the team loves it.. www.teamsrgaming.com

I will make it easy if you have a Medium large or very large site do not install it just yet wait for them to say so when they work out the performace bugs but if you have a smaller site like a gaming site it should be fine and it sets up easy and is easy to use it still has some minor bugs, but the main one is its not handling a larger load I do not want to blow smoke up your ass and you go and lay your money out on the table .. just wait for a while longer .

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyOSS View Post
    I will make it easy if you have a Medium large or very large site do not install it just yet wait for them to say so when they work out the performace bugs but if you have a smaller site like a gaming site it should be fine and it sets up easy and is easy to use it still has some minor bugs, but the main one is its not handling a larger load I do not want to blow smoke up your ass and you go and lay your money out on the table .. just wait for a while longer .
    Even though you run a small site on vb5, this should also be brought to your attention
    http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/s...d.php?t=100696

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikHansen View Post
    Even though you run a small site on vb5, this should also be brought to your attention
    http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/s...d.php?t=100696
    so far not one spammer has gotten on the site and made a single post and if they do well we have moderators in and out of there around the clock who will delete it prolly before the spam bot can get off the site

I wish I could use it. Installing it caused me an incredible amount of headaches, and I wouldn't touch it now with a 10 foot pole.

I love the new features, though. But it just did not work on my site. Far too many problems. Actually, it was a complete disaster. If it's working for you, great. But I had to revert back to vBulletin 4 to save my forum from collapse.

i tried the demo the other day for vb5 and now i do really like the features like the site builder ect but they need to add alot of features that vb4 has got and the performance needs to be better as it`s slow still but if vb4 is anything to go by vb5 will be a good product by the time vb6 is near being released so think i will upgrade at some point but not for a while yet as i`ve only had my vb4 licence for under a year so not paying out again just yet but we really do need a vba portal for vb5 but it seems that brian aint interested in upgrading his products as he`s not even been online for a while witch is a real shame, but someone must have the know how to at least make vba cmps 4.2.1 work on vb5 with some code changes
    www.vauxhallmodified.com
    The Vauxhall Modified Owners Club & Forum is a online community forum offering free advise & help for your Vauxhall.
    We cover all Vauxhalls,Opels & Holdens & all models from the LS to the VXR

Does vBa CMPS work with VB5 yet?

No, vBa products do not work with vB5 yet.
    Frequently Asked Questions
    CMPS Users Manual

For vBadvanced software assistance, please use the support forums.
    Unsolicted PMs, IMs, and email will not be responded to.
    If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

vBa products means vb dynamic too doesn't work with vb 5?

That is correct. No vBadvanced products work with vB5 yet.
    CMPS Users Manual

If you have a non-software related question or problem with your account, please submit a support ticket.

Do you have an ETA for links and vB 5?

I'm sorry, but we do not at this time.
    CMPS Users Manual

Quote Originally Posted by angeljs View Post
    I can't afford to upgrade to 5, so I'm hoping vba products for 4 will still be developed.
    Is the software on here being updated for Vbulletin 4? Because I've noticed there's big gaps in posting dates on this site. I opened up a ticket regarding upgrading from vBadvanced CMPS 3.2.2 to vBadvanced CMPS 4.2.1 on 9-14-13 and I have yet to get a response back.

Did Vbulletin hurt this site with the CMS included in it's Vbulletin Version 4 and 5?

I'm sorry, but we do not provide general support through the ticket system. This should be very clearly stated in the big, bold "Before Submitting a Ticket" message that's shown before you are allowed to enter your ticket details.

To answer your question, vBa CMPS was updated to work with vBulletin 4 well over 3 years ago. vBa CMPS 3.2.3 is the latest version available for vBulletin 3.x. If you're planning to upgrade to vB4 then you will need to upgrade your vBulletin software first, and then upgrade to the latest version of vBa CMPS that is compatible with vB4 (currently vBa CMPS v4.2.1). Upgrade instructions for the CMPS can be found in the readme.html file that comes with the CMPS download package.
    CMPS Users Manual

Well, I must have missed it. Any way I would have assumed somebody would have at least gotten back to me. On upgrading last time I paid for the upgrade to be done to this site. Do you still offer that service? Or is this question in the wrong place as well?

Yes, the service is still available and can be purchases through the Members' Area here just as it was before.
    CMPS Users Manual

Well, I finally got vbulletin 5 installed on my site, clubnook.com, and it is a complete disaster, to say the least. There are SO MANY glitches in that system that I can't even count them all. From things in the admin area not working properly, to my members not being able to log in using the latest edition of IE, to the site crashing constantly on mobile devices... IT IS AN EPIC FAILURE.

So, dilbert05, I owe you an apology. You were/are 100% correct about vBulletin 5. I not only wasted my money on this crap software, but I've probably lost members as well because of the issues. It's a total debacle.

Now I have the task of trying to go back to vbulletin 4, which will not be easy.

I should have listened to you.
    Went to your site and noticed you swithced back to version 4. Also noticed that you have a new owner. Did you sell, because of all the problems with Vbulletin?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information